+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any "guilty pleasure" TV series that you watch?

I hate to admit this, but since everyone else is exposing their guilty pleasures....

Mine definately is Felicity. I watch the reruns on the WE network everyday. I even Tivo them! How sad is that? I never watched the show when it was on primetime, but now I'm addicted.

Ugh, I'm so ashamed....

5 or 6 years ago when I was still in college, TNN (which, at the time, was the Nashville Network) showed "Dallas" every day. I was a little young to get into it when it originally aired, but man - I got HOOKED. I'm one of like 5 people on the planet who actually know who shot J.R. and why.

Even more embarrassing is that I spent a fair amount of time recently trying to find out if I could get the entire series on DVD.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by ajg113
    I'm one of like 5 people on the planet who actually know who shot J.R. and why.
    hehe, that's funny. But 5 people is way off. I'm a little young for it too, but I do remember that the JR shooting was like american idol is nowadays. It was all over the magazines, papers, even the 11 o'clock news. It's definitely one of the top ten notorious TV events.

So, did you find Dallas DVDs?

My guilty t.v. pleasures are:
    My Family (BBC comedy)
    Fairly Odd Parents
    Cheaters
    Maury
    Oprah

I watch but will never admit to it--Cheaters. I cannot beleive how the cheater continues to lie and try to persuade the poor cheatee that they werent doing what they were caught doing. Also its funny to see the cheater chasing the host and camera crew right out the door in a rage--although sometines I worry someone is going to get hurt. One guy took a paint gun to them, one guy rammed his cheating girlfrend's car into the water with her in it.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I find I am also addicted to shows like Extra, E.T., E!hollywood insider and one other one I can't think of the name.. lol
    You mean Entertainment Tonight? yeah, I watch them all
    And Celeb Justice... "CJ" if you will

Actually I'm watching a marathon of my guilty pleasures right now on TV Land. Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven. A Michael Landon Marathon. I also watch Gunsmoke every single morning at 6am.

Another one is, whenever the SciFi channel has "Kolchak, The Night Stalker" on, I'm either watching it or taping it to watch later. I hear there is going to be an updated "Night Stalker" this new season. Darren McGavin was perfect in that role, I hope I'm not dissapointed with this new one.

One other guilty pleasure show is that damn "Date My Mom" or whatever it's called. I never make sure I watch it, but if I'm channel surfing and see it's on, I aways stop and watch it. I think because I'm so amazed how some of these mom's act. I just could never do that. My girls are beautiful enough to find their own dates and I certainly would never want a guy to date my daughter, because of how I acted. (They'd never get a date if that was the case)! LOL
    Last edited by Bambi; 09-03-2005 at 01:11 PM.

Bambi--you are so lucky to be able to see Kolchak, I loved that show. Does it still look good? So many times I'll see something I watched years ago, and sadly isnt doesn't hold up over the years--looks dated and /or cheezy. Since you still watch it, I'll guess its still good to watch. If the new one is 1'10th as good, I'll watch it.

cablejockey, Kolchak does look cheesy, but hey, it was cheesy when it was originally aired. Darren McGavin made the whole show worth watching! The SciFi channel has like mini marathons everyday, and every so often it's a marathon of Kolchak. What's funny, is that I remember every single episode and what happens.

I can watch the early years of shows like Angle, Buffy, Charmed and I don't remember all of the episodes at all. But Kolchak, I remember every single one, same with shows like the original Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Outer Limits, and of course Star Trek. lol

Most recently, one of my most "guilty pleasures" in TV watching was the series, "Being Bobby Brown". At first, I was embarrassed, but, then, later on, I became transfixed, as per someone driving along on an expresway, paused to look at a terrible accident. I could not look away. And, in the midst of this "madness", I would say there were some hilarious moments on "Being Bobby Brown".

In the past, other "guilty pleasures" have included, for example:

Surreal Life (up until this season...)
    Blind Date
    The Parkers
    Stuff on the Disney Channel, e.g., "That's So Raven", "The Proud Family", and (an all-time favorite) "Kim Possible" (hey, I'm 50 years old, OK?...LOL!)
    Some nighttime soaps, when they were happenin' in the '70's and/or '80's, e.g., Dynasty, Knot's Landing, Dallas, te Colbys, etc.
    Starsky and Hutch
    The Streets of San Francisco
    Baretta

There's more, but that's all I can think of, for now...

Cat

+ Reply to Thread