+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: the Last Airbender

I couldn't find a thread for this show and was kind of surprised. I realize it is a cartoon, but...

If you haven't watched it yet, it airs on the Nick family. Each episode is a chapter and each season is a book. I never thought that my "new favorite show" would be a cartoon.

M. Night Shamalan (sp?) will be making a live action film next year.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Avatar: the Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3009817;
    I couldn't find a thread for this show and was kind of surprised. I realize it is a cartoon, but...

If you haven't watched it yet, it airs on the Nick family. Each episode is a chapter and each season is a book. I never thought that my "new favorite show" would be a cartoon.

M. Night Shamalan (sp?) will be making a live action film next year.
    I luv this show. I accidently found it while waiting for the Stargate to start one Friday. I am anxiously waiting for the rest of season 3 to start. I did hear that a live action movie was going to be made and was thrilled but when I found out M Night Shamalan was directing it all I could think of he was going to totally ruin the movie. I don't understand how any studio can even possibly finance this man's movies, they all suck. He is still riding off the big bang that the Sixth Sense gave him. Please pick a different director.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3009920;
    I luv this show. I accidently found it while waiting for the Stargate to start one Friday. I am anxiously waiting for the rest of season 3 to start. I did hear that a live action movie was going to be made and was thrilled but when I found out M Night Shamalan was directing it all I could think of he was going to totally ruin the movie. I don't understand how any studio can even possibly finance this man's movies, they all suck. He is still riding off the big bang that the Sixth Sense gave him. Please pick a different director.

I think it will redeem him. It will be the first time he directs someone elses script. If you love the show, as he claims to, why would you mess with it.

I am contemplating buying the season 3 episodes on DVD. I keep checking my Tivo to do list, but they just aren't re-airing them in the US.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too (as an adult) LOVE this show. My 6 year old got me in to it and I have been searching for it on line since Nick has stopped showing new ones. I have found a link off the IMDB show page for it.. i had to look in the posts but there are a few there. I cant look it up now at work sadly or I'd post it. I am up to like chapter 14 or 15 (The Burning Rock) in the Fire Book now.

I have to agree, M Night's movies kinda do suck... and ANY live action movie from a cartoon is pretty much a kiss of death. I hated to see that they were making on based on the show.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3009956;
    I too (as an adult) LOVE this show. My 6 year old got me in to it and I have been searching for it on line since Nick has stopped showing new ones. I have found a link off the IMDB show page for it.. i had to look in the posts but there are a few there. I cant look it up now at work sadly or I'd post it. I am up to like chapter 14 or 15 (The Burning Rock) in the Fire Book now.

I have to agree, M Night's movies kinda do suck... and ANY live action movie from a cartoon is pretty much a kiss of death. I hated to see that they were making on based on the show.
    Please check TV.com: TV News - TV Shows - TV Listings - Entertainment News they are very accurate as to when the new episodes will air. Currently I think Nickeolodean is waiting for all the regular primetime finales to be over before they start showing. TV.com does post when the new episodes are completed but as yet there are no broadcast dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3010184;
    Please check TV.com: TV News - TV Shows - TV Listings - Entertainment News they are very accurate as to when the new episodes will air. Currently I think Nickeolodean is waiting for all the regular primetime finales to be over before they start showing. TV.com does post when the new episodes are completed but as yet there are no broadcast dates.
    Do you think they will do a Book 4? I have read that the series ends with book 3 and that Nick has not ordered any ne episodes, but I have also read something about a possible book 4

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3010426;
    Do you think they will do a Book 4? I have read that the series ends with book 3 and that Nick has not ordered any ne episodes, but I have also read something about a possible book 4
    Well, from what I have read on the Avatar specific message boards there will be only 3 seasons. Still there is so much going on I don't see how they can possibly tie up all the lose threads. The story truly does deserve a fourth book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3010184;
    All the listed episodes have aired.. just not in the US. I have seen all the ones listed there with exception of the last one. That is only because i havent looked recently

As far as a 4th season.. i dont see it happening... most all the conflict has come to a head in the last book and I cant see there being much else to do after Anng has learned all his bending and deals with the fire nation... how ever that may be in the end.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3010963;
    All the listed episodes have aired.. just not in the US. I have seen all the ones listed there with exception of the last one. That is only because i havent looked recently

As far as a 4th season.. i dont see it happening... most all the conflict has come to a head in the last book and I cant see there being much else to do after Anng has learned all his bending and deals with the fire nation... how ever that may be in the end.
    What has happened as soon as one new episode has been finished by the animators the title has become available. They simply have not been broadcast yet.

Yes i know But some of the ones have aired, just not in the US on Nick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast