+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: the Last Airbender

Re: Avatar: the Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3012571;
    Yes i know But some of the ones have aired, just not in the US on Nick.
    Dang, I didn't know that. It is so frustrating to wait and there is no info out there so far as when they plan to start broadcasting here the US. What in the world are they waiting for? The comet?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3013008;
    Dang, I didn't know that. It is so frustrating to wait and there is no info out there so far as when they plan to start broadcasting here the US. What in the world are they waiting for? The comet?
    I think that they have all aired in Canada. I guess I need to start watching them online, or buy the dvds from Amazon.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3013103;
    I think that they have all aired in Canada. I guess I need to start watching them online, or buy the dvds from Amazon.
    Yeah Canada has had some.. also the last DVD that JUST came out i think has up to "the boilling rock" on it. That was a 2 part one.

I saw some of the next 2 after TBR.. and all i can say is WOW, this is going to be one hell of an ending. BUt again, it is looking like they will wrap it all up nicely, and have no ends to tie up. Which also means, not a hope in hell for another season :/

I will miss this show even more i think
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

You can find them if you google "Avatar Chapters", there should be a website that will have all the episodes viewable online!

This cartoon is definitely good and it really does deserve more than 3 chapters, even more than 4 really....i really cant see how it will end as it is now...

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3019953;
    You can find them if you google "Avatar Chapters", there should be a website that will have all the episodes viewable online!

This cartoon is definitely good and it really does deserve more than 3 chapters, even more than 4 really....i really cant see how it will end as it is now...
    Thanks! I'll have to look for them. I did read recaps for most of book 3, but it just isn't the same.

Shyamalan previews big-screen "Airbender" trilogy By Gregg Goldstein
    2 hours, 51 minutes ago

Shyamalan previews big-screen "Airbender" trilogy - Yahoo! News

The filmmaker held an early Tuesday presentation of his 2010 Paramount Pictures/Nickelodeon Movies theatrical franchise "The Last Airbender" and later attended the New York premiere of his Fox thriller "The Happening."

Before a crowd of eager marketers at New York's Licensing International Expo 2008, Shyamalan unveiled a preview of his three-feature adaptation of Nickelodeon's animated sci-fi martial arts series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (the first word has been removed to avoid confusion with James Cameron's upcoming sci-fi film). The first film in the trilogy is scheduled for release July 2, 2010.

Shyamalan has storyboarded the entire live-action film twice, and his video presentation showed a series of hand-drawn landscapes -- more traditional than the TV series' anime style -- mixed with stock action footage, including Asian warriors on horseback. A large part of the reported $250 million projected budget of the three-film series will be spent on CGI special effects.

With Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman in the audience, Paramount's John Lesher and Rob Moore took the stage to discuss how Shyamalan brought them the project after his daughters' enthusiasm proved contagious. Shyamalan, who said his family was disappointed after he turned down a Harry Potter film and another well-known franchise, said several times that the film's religious subtext was what drew him to the project. "It has to be something I see God in," he said.

"I have a low action-fatigue level," Shyamalan said after the event, when asked to explain why he hasn't made many films outside his trademark thriller genre. "It can't be 'I want to hurt you.' All the fighting has to have a reason behind it."

Shyamalan estimates that the first "Airbender" will be about two hours long. He's close to casting a set of young actors who will age with the story line, but said he's committed to direct only the first film, set to be shot in Greenland and Vietnam. "I'll need to rest after that," he explained.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3050603;
    Shyamalan previews big-screen "Airbender" trilogy By Gregg Goldstein
    2 hours, 51 minutes ago

Shyamalan previews big-screen "Airbender" trilogy - Yahoo! News

The filmmaker held an early Tuesday presentation of his 2010 Paramount Pictures/Nickelodeon Movies theatrical franchise "The Last Airbender" and later attended the New York premiere of his Fox thriller "The Happening."

Before a crowd of eager marketers at New York's Licensing International Expo 2008, Shyamalan unveiled a preview of his three-feature adaptation of Nickelodeon's animated sci-fi martial arts series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (the first word has been removed to avoid confusion with James Cameron's upcoming sci-fi film). The first film in the trilogy is scheduled for release July 2, 2010.

Shyamalan has storyboarded the entire live-action film twice, and his video presentation showed a series of hand-drawn landscapes -- more traditional than the TV series' anime style -- mixed with stock action footage, including Asian warriors on horseback. A large part of the reported $250 million projected budget of the three-film series will be spent on CGI special effects.

With Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman in the audience, Paramount's John Lesher and Rob Moore took the stage to discuss how Shyamalan brought them the project after his daughters' enthusiasm proved contagious. Shyamalan, who said his family was disappointed after he turned down a Harry Potter film and another well-known franchise, said several times that the film's religious subtext was what drew him to the project. "It has to be something I see God in," he said.

"I have a low action-fatigue level," Shyamalan said after the event, when asked to explain why he hasn't made many films outside his trademark thriller genre. "It can't be 'I want to hurt you.' All the fighting has to have a reason behind it."

Shyamalan estimates that the first "Airbender" will be about two hours long. He's close to casting a set of young actors who will age with the story line, but said he's committed to direct only the first film, set to be shot in Greenland and Vietnam. "I'll need to rest after that," he explained.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    You mean go into hiding from all the irate Airbender fans whose show you just ruined.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3057400;
    You mean go into hiding from all the irate Airbender fans whose show you just ruined.
    I just hope he doesnt turn it in to a "Fun B-Movie" like his last film. Sigh.. they could have picked ANYONE ese to do this film and id be happier.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3057724;
    I just hope he doesnt turn it in to a "Fun B-Movie" like his last film. Sigh.. they could have picked ANYONE ese to do this film and id be happier.
    I hear "The Happening" is horrible. I hope this influences Nickolodeon and the producers of Avatar to get another director fo the the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3061065;
    I hear "The Happening" is horrible. I hope this influences Nickolodeon and the producers of Avatar to get another director fo the the movie.
    The story has so much potential to be a great series (LOTR, Harry Potter...) I really hope that he does it justice!

The problem with "The Happening" is the story is bad. I am hoping that the film making is good!

+ Reply to Thread