+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Okay people... for all those Judge Judy fanatics... here is the thread..

We welcome your thoughts and commentary and also love to dissect the vocabulary of the wonderfully "edumacated" individuals that appear on this fantastic television show.

Re: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

I love Judge Judy and totally get a kick out of watching the people that come in with attitudes get chopped off at the knees. She is the best of all the judges, IMO.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Have been a diehard Judge Judy fan for years. I appreciate that she doesn't put up with any nonsense in her courtroom, such as plantiffs and defendants arguging back and forth with each other, audience members errupting into laughter and/or applause. She's my kind of gal.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! I am such a huge fan!!! I've always wanted to be Judge Judy when I grow up!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think she seems very fair, as opposed to Judge Joe Brown for example, who seems pre-disposed to favour the female in any dispute with a male.

I had to stop watching the show yesterday though because a man killed his neighbours cat with a bow and arrow, his defense being that he thought it was a racoon.
    It was dark, they have a lot of racoons where they live and when he saw two shiny eyes in the dark he assumed it was a racoon.
    I don't have the words to describe what I think of someone who reaches for his bow and arrow when he sees any animal.

The cat owner was at fault too though, imo. Her cat was declawed (evil) and she still let it go outside.
    Anyway, the plaintiff was crying, her daughter who the cat belonged too was crying, I was crying, it was too much for me so I had to turn it over and didn't see Judy's judgement.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was about to fast-forward through this case also. But then Judy stopped the plaintiff from any more information - told her it would not benefit anyone, esp. not her daughter, to hear the details. The she ruled rather quickly in favor of the plaintiff for the vet bill ($300+) and another $250 to purchase another cat and provide shots and vet visits for the new cat. She also called up the plaintiff's daughter to the podium and talked to her briefly, encouraging her to get another cat. Judy said that while she realized a new cat would never completely replace the other cat, unfortunately in life, these things happen (death of a pet) and it is important to not dwell too much on the past. She was really very nice and very sympathetic to the girl, and she really seemed to appreciate it.

I was extremely frustrated and angered by the plaintiff, however, when she had no qualms about her declawed cat being both inside and outside!!! Hello???? Once you declaw the cat... they are to remain inside, as their natural defenses have been taken from them. Duh!!!!!! I was left wondering if we would have seen same plaintiff suing neighbor if her cat had been in a fight with neighbor's cat and lost due to not having claws. Idiots really should not be pet owners. I do hope she does not make the same mistake with the new cat. I have declawed cats - but they NEVER leave the house!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am always amazed at the number of women who just dish out money to, usually, men. Or how many people let other people get cell phones on their plans and then get stiffed?

Geez...I even cut off my own son from my cell phone plan. He only got me twice...once he decided he'd just talk and talk and talk and ran his part of the bill up to over $500. I told him if he even went 1 cent over the plan the next month, that was the end. Well, he did....and it was! You know, from having been raised by me, I thought he already understood that his mother was CRAZY!!!

And what idiot co-signs for somebody else??? Judge Judy has taught me a lot!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And what idiot co-signs for somebody else???
    Sooo.... if you won't co-sign for me, will you just borrow me some money? Or rent me a car? 'Cause I ain't got a job, an I'm agonna need a car to look for a job. Oh yeah - I don't have the rent this month either..

The best part of this show is the vocabulary used by the participants! A couple of weeks ago, there was an episode featuring a creepy older man suing a younger skankyish (I know, nice made up word ) gal and she said in her defense that he had "explicited her" on her myspace. It just doesn't get better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2981891;
    And what idiot co-signs for somebody else???
    My take has always been that the only people I know whom I might be willing to co-sign for don't ever need a co-signer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2980835;
    I think she seems very fair, as opposed to Judge Joe Brown for example, who seems pre-disposed to favour the female in any dispute with a male.
    Thought I was the only one who noticed and is irritated by this about Judge Joe Brown - and Judge Mathis for that matter. I've stopped watching Judge Joe Brown altogether because of this.

But when the females come whining to Judge Judy about how they've been vicitimized by the men in their lives when clearly they should have used better judgement, Judge Judy tells 'em just like it is: Take it to Dr. Phil! She lets them know they don't get any special treatment in her courtroom.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast