+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

I hate it when people don't know the difference in usage between "borrowed" and "loaned". I have never understood this!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Clearly you don't have the JJ dictionary. This should help clear things up for you.

untitled document

Did you see the high as a kite guy yesterday? Wow - his eyeballs were about to fly out of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3267507;
    Clearly you don't have the JJ dictionary. This should help clear things up for you.

untitled document

Did you see the high as a kite guy yesterday? Wow - his eyeballs were about to fly out of his head.

I thought he was high on something. Couldn't hold still and he had serious crazy eyes. I was thinking it was a good thing Byrd has a gun.

He was all itchy and twitchy?? The last person I saw on one of these shows doing that was identified as a crack addict; I thought that this was how they would act when they needed a fix, but the last person was identified as somebody who was high at the time. Creepy! The guy yesterday was scary. I can't help but wonder what attracted her to him, or what he may have been like before he started going all spastic.

What about "seent"? That one was missing. "I seent him yesterday."
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-06-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh I thought that guy was going to go off on either Judge Judy or Byrd, and I was waiting for him to be knocked down a couple notches.

I was waiting for Judy to ask him "Are you on any medication, sir? Are you supposed to be on any medication? Are you under the care of a doctor?" She let me down..

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3267699;
    I was waiting for Judy to ask him "Are you on any medication, sir? Are you supposed to be on any medication? Are you under the care of a doctor?" She let me down..
    That is another one of my favorites along with Would you be willing to take a hair follicle test sir?

Did anyone see the show yesterday?

A woman agreed to cosign so her daughter and two friends could get a flat together.
    Of course things didn't work out and two of them left while the other stayed in the flat and didn't pay rent.
    The woman was suing just for the portion of the rent the one who stayed in the flat should have paid.
    Anyway, the daughter and other flatmate were on the plaintiffs side as witnesses and when Judy called the daughter up, she immediately started crying and burrowed her head into her mother's shoulder.

I really want Judy to unleash on her and call her a baby and say she has "cooked" long enough to be able to run her own life, but the girl was so pathetic Judy just let her sit down
    "That's Numberwang!"

I SAW THAT!! I wanted to smack that kid. She definitely knows how to work her mother; Judy even went soft. I must say that I was a little disappointed. And the girl was pregnant, so maybe her hormones were messing with her, but still....sorry 'bout your luck. Should have thought about that earlier and done things differently, huh?

I watched today when the people were talking about who was responsible for paying a mother's funeral expenses. The daughter had arranged a $24,000 funeral!!! That totally blew me away. And the husband of the dead woman (the daughter's father) had contributed absolutely $0!!! And didn't really plan to contribute anything. The dead woman's brother and sister (or sister-in-law) had put up many thousands of dollars because the daughter had been told that unless she paid a certain amount of money that she could not view her mother's body. Judge Judy ripped that husband a "new one"! The only person responsible for paying the woman's funeral expenses was the "I'm not stepping up" husband, who had collected some life insurance payout on his wife. The daughter had decided to cremate her mother's body, but the family wasn't having it because it had never been done in their family before. The woman's brother, who was suing the daughter for more money (she had given them about $6,000 already), was told to sue the dead woman's husband.

I am constantly amazed at what people will pay for funerals. She wanted to be entombed in a mausoleum
    ($11,000!), but had said that cremation was OK if the entombment was going to be too expensive. It was a sad case of greed (on the husband's part) and loss. Goodness! I've seen a basic, no-frills cremation going for $1,000! How did they get to $24,000?? Just WoW!

I found this very interesting. I'd often wondered how come we keep seeing certain people in the gallery, particularly one that looks like Marcia Cross with black hair.

In order to ensure a full audience, the producers of Judge Judy hire extras who comprise the entire gallery. Though tickets are not offered for the show, arrangements can sometimes be made with Sheindlin's production staff to allow fans of the show into the audience. Once all the cases are through, all of the audience members receive payment. The extras must be dressed formally. Extras are also instructed to appear as if they are having discussions with each other, before and after each case, so the bailiff may make such announcements as "Order! All rise" and "Parties are Excused, you may step out". As far as the court cases are concerned however, what is seen on Judge Judy is neither staged nor scripted. The plaintiffs have actually sued the defendants and that very case is heard and decided upon by Judith Sheindlin. The court show acquires cases by people submitting claims into them via their website or phone number. Producers of Judge Judy also research court files from all over the country to find cases that they think are appropriate and entertaining for the show.
    The award for each judgment is paid by the producers of the show, from a fund reserved for each case.

Both the plaintiff and the defendant receive $100 for their appearance as well as $35 a day, paid to them by the show. The litigants' stay lasts for the number of days that the show does taping for that week, which is two or three days. In addition, the travel and hotel expenses of the litigants and their witnesses are covered by the show. If there is an exchange of property, Sheindlin signs an order and a sheriff or marshal oversees the exchange.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread