+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Re: Judge Judy - Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining..

Indeed.
    I always love when women who lose custody of their children, then try to either sue or countersue if they're the defendant, the fathers for something and Judy discovers that they've never paid any child support.
    The "I buy them stuff when they need it" defense annoys me so much and I'm glad Judy never lets anyone slide on that.
    She told a woman the other day to get three jobs if necessary, she should be making a regular financial contribution to her children's upkeep.
    The woman seemed to think where child-support is concerned women should only ever be on the receiving end.

Of course there are dead beat dads on the show too, but I've seen a few women who seem to think that, even if they are working they shouldn't have to pay the father if the children reside with him.
    I do enjoy it when Judy puts them right.

Did anyone see the one with the teens who had a fight over the girl?
    Judy labelled her 'little miss trouble-maker' and even though the girl's mother was upset by the characterization, I think Judy was right on the money.
    She definitely stirred up that little fued.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I saw that one, Fluff. I think Judy pinned that one correctly. I have learned alot from Judy, as well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2982270;
    I saw that one, Fluff. I think Judy pinned that one correctly. I have learned alot from Judy, as well.
    Yes indeed! My fifteen year old son watched it me and he even caught that the girl caused the trouble....

And he even caught the girl's manipulation....sadly, the mother didn't. Maybe when she sees the girl smirking when the boys are talking, the mom will get a reality check....course, I firmly believe that a lot of these folks who go on the show must never watch it first....

Besides...Judge Judy is my secret pleasure when it comes to TV watching....the hubby hates the show, but I tell him that, since he watches fishing shows, I can watch Judge Judy LOL!
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 05-09-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: changing phrasing
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm always amazed at how many people will stop paying child support because "she/he won't let me see my child." Child support is not the cost of admission to the sideshow...it is about feeding, clothing, providing shelter, electricity, school costs, etc. It certainly costs a lot more to raise a child than what a parent's child support provides.

I got annoyed today with the mother of the son ,who had caused another boy's glasses to be broken when he was acting stupid in a class, didn't seem to see the importance of her son apologizing for what was obviously an accident. The refusal to apologize for an obvious 'whoopsie' led to an ugly testosterone fight. It was just unnecessary, and avoidable. Stupid mom was determined to make excuses for her rude son. I just wanted to slap her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2982766;
    I'm always amazed at how many people will stop paying child support because "she/he won't let me see my child." Child support is not the cost of admission to the sideshow...it is about feeding, clothing, providing shelter, electricity, school costs, etc. It certainly costs a lot more to raise a child than what a parent's child support provides.

I got annoyed today with the mother of the son ,who had caused another boy's glasses to be broken when he was acting stupid in a class, didn't seem to see the importance of her son apologizing for what was obviously an accident. The refusal to apologize for an obvious 'whoopsie' led to an ugly testosterone fight. It was just unnecessary, and avoidable. Stupid mom was determined to make excuses for her rude son. I just wanted to slap her!
    You and me both! All the kid had to do was say "Sorry, didn't mean to get you with the plastic whatever." And that would have been that!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

But the plastic piece weighed next to nothing! *slap* I saw that one also. I did not even watch the one with the cat. I get too mad at owners who are irresponsible, so I rarely keep the ones involving pets tuned in.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did anyone see the show where Judge Judy was going on and on about people usually hit deer with their cars, and not the other way around? It was all I could do to contain myself. I've actually been "deer struck", as I like to call it! Shocked me as much as it shocked the deer, I'm sure. He/she decided to dent up my driver's side rear quarter panel, and left its fur embedded around my rqp reflector. It was a hit and run in the middle of the afternoon. The deer hit me, and kept going!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah I saw that one too. She was just carrying on.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fanatic

I saw that. What I think had her most ticked was that the woman who it happened to kept saying it was an 'act of God' so she shouldn't have to pay for the car to be fixed. I can't remember where the deer hit though - if it was a front collision then the driver is at fault, not the deer. If the deer hit the side then it's the deer's fault.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, frankly, sometimes even when it's in the front it's the deer's "fault"--not as if deer are all that smart, so I don't really blame them, but even good drivers can hit them head on. Sometimes they are standing quiet still and hard to see at the side of the road and just charge across even if a car is coming, especially if another deer has already gone...e.g., doe and fawns. If it is night on a wooded country road and you were on the other side of a curve or hill when the first one went across the 2nd one can really take you by surprise. Of course one could say you should be driving at 5 mph in that situation, but....
    And no I haven't hit one yet, but I've driven in deer areas....

+ Reply to Thread