+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guiding Light

Guiding Light

just wondering if anyone watches? i searched and found all of the other soaps, but nothing on this one. i just got back into it after a couple of years of avoiding it all together. just curious to see if anyone has any thoughts on what's going on. cassie? wow. and i am in love with the music...but can't find any of the ones that i'm looking for online. meh.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Re: Guiding Light

I have watched the show off and on for many years. The whole 'Josh as a preacher' story line is just lost on me. I can't wrap my mind around that one. And to me, the Josh/Cassie/Reva thing isn't believable. I always have thought that Josh and Reva belonged together and neither is convincing with anyone else.

yeah, i know. it's just awkward seeing them both with other people. but with cassie's affair, maybe they'll end up back together. nothing on there would surprise me at this point. *shrug*
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I'm trying to figure out the Ava pregnancy thing. Why would she want to get pregnant by a guy who loves someone else? And what about the girl, can't remember her name, who had the lap band, whatever? I like her and think she's very cute. It will be interesting to watch her weight loss, since I'm sure that's what the story line is all about. It would have been better if they'd just followed her through a safe and healthy diet and exercise program to lose, but not nearly as dramatic, huh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2964661;
    I'm trying to figure out the Ava pregnancy thing. Why would she want to get pregnant by a guy who loves someone else? And what about the girl, can't remember her name, who had the lap band, whatever? I like her and think she's very cute. It will be interesting to watch her weight loss, since I'm sure that's what the story line is all about. It would have been better if they'd just followed her through a safe and healthy diet and exercise program to lose, but not nearly as dramatic, huh? lol
    i know. ava is an absolute lunatic. and lizzie is a joke. *sigh* and ashlee having the surgery is (i think) to explain her weight loss, because she actually had the surgery in real life. the pounds melt away A LOT faster than any diet and exercise program out there. i had gastric bypass, and i lost over 250 pounds in a little over a year. i guess they had to explain it somehow. i'd rather them have her do that then to see another diet from hell with not eating and taking pills.

FORT Fogey

Marcy Rylan's Lizzie is fantastic. She is my favorite GL character right now.

hmm...i don't know. for some reason, lizzie irritates the hell out of me. and why, oh why do we need a movie of reva's life. i could so do without her. she's just so loud and overbearing. i used to really like her, but it doesn't seem like her character has matured at all. i was really hoping that harley would investigate cassie and find out that it was cyrus that she slept with. but the previews are showing that she handed the case over to (of all people) cyrus...and he gives josh the name of some other guy. *sigh*

...and i miss gus.

I pretty much gave up GL when cousins, Tammy and Jonathan became involved and completely gave it up when they broke up Gus and Harley, I also cannot get into the new look of the show.

Just in case you guys don't know Ricky Paul Goldin (Gus) is now on AMC as Jake Martin!

Beverlee McKinsey passed away. Los Angeles Times Obituaries

She played Alexandra Spaulding on GL, and Iris Carrington on AW. IMO, absolutely one of the best actresses to ever grace daytime TV.

Now look here. I know far more about middle age spread than I care to know, but Reva is ballooning up like a blimp. Larger people CAN look stylish but she is missing the boat completely. She just looks very sloppy and unkept. That whatever it was that she had on today looked like those 3 for 24.95, knit muu muu jobs that are advertised in the catalogs I get that I surely never asked for. She kept pulling at the elasticized neckline to make it off the shoulders and I wondered WHY! Those linebacker shoulders really should be kept under wraps. One day she had on some getup that consisted of a top with spaghetti straps, the better to show off her beefy upper arms, no doubt. It looked as if it had been a dress but was cut off about hip length, and a really ugly green skirt. Would anyone you know be caught dead in either of those outfits? I sure wouldn't. I really believe that whoever it is who selects her wardrobe hates her guts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast