+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guiding Light

Re: Guiding Light

So....did anyone here watch the final episode? I've been watching, off and on, since 1984. Sad to see it off the air for good. Any thoughts on the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs;3706445;
    So....did anyone here watch the final episode? I've been watching, off and on, since 1984. Sad to see it off the air for good. Any thoughts on the finale?
    Hadn't watched it in years except to maybe put it on for 5 or so minutes once in a while, but did watch most of it this last week.

I thought CBS tied it up quite nicely with a pretty bow! It was like a trip down memory lane to see some of the original characters from way back when appear again. Only problem being, it sure made me feel old to recognize most of the oldies but unable to figure out who all the kids were.

Anyone else have any closing thoughts on this?

FORT Regular

after sooooooooooo many years of listening/watching Guiding Light, I will be lost at 2 p.m. today.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I also hadn't watched in years.

Way back in high school (and I do mean waaaay back!) if we walked home fast enough, my friend Liz and I could catch the last half hour.

Tuned in for a few minutes recently and was glad to see that Phillip and Rick were the same guys.

In my area, we are now getting two episodes of The Price Is Right every day. Hope they can find something better to fill the 3pm-4pm spot. Not like we need yet another talk show, but there has to be something other than a second hour of TPIR.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Premium Member

Supposedly they are replacing Guiding Light with a remade Let's Make A Deal, like we need another game show. . The ending was done nicely, the only thing that was crap was Jeffrey ends up with nothing but running after Edmund and Alan dies, and Shayne and Marina together. Blech. Everything else though ended in a great way.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Yes... the new Let's Make A Deal hosted by Wayne Brady and broadcast from Las Vegas.
    I'm not to reward CBS's decision to cancel GL by watching this game show.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

My afterschool babysitter was a big GL fan when I was a kid, so I watched for a few years. I remember the first episode I saw was Kelly and Morgan's wedding, apparently in - yikes - 1981. If I'm reading some of these farewell episode articles correctly, Reva and Josh were still, in 2009, going back and forth between being a couple and not being a couple? Good grief. It's been 30 years, make a friggin' decision!

Anyway, I haven't watched in forever, but it's a shame to see such an institution go off the air.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;3708304;
    My afterschool babysitter was a big GL fan when I was a kid, so I watched for a few years. I remember the first episode I saw was Kelly and Morgan's wedding, apparently in - yikes - 1981. If I'm reading some of these farewell episode articles correctly, Reva and Josh were still, in 2009, going back and forth between being a couple and not being a couple? Good grief. It's been 30 years, make a friggin' decision!

Anyway, I haven't watched in forever, but it's a shame to see such an institution go off the air.

That was my time frame Amanda. John Wesley Shipp (who played Kelly Nelson) grew up not far from where I live now. He went on to play Mitch Leery on Dawson's Creek (Dawson's dad). Lisa Brown (Nola Reardon Chamberlin) showed up on As The World Turns as Lily's birth mother.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Looks like Reva and Josh are together again. For now. I'm still not clear on what happened to Jeffrey. I understand he is chasing Edmund, but not sure why he wouldn't finally tell Reva that he's alive.

And for those of you who haven't watched this in years, you have no idea or Jeffrey or Edmund are!

Can any of you tell me what happened to Michael Bauer (Ed's brother) and also how did they write out Leslie (Ed's wife, Rick's mother) ?

And while we're at it does anyone remember Justin Marler (Ross' brother & Phillip's biological father) ? Can't remember Phillip's birth mother's name, but remember the part being played by Cindy Pickett; maybe the character's name was Jackie?

I can't decide if I can't remember because of all the times that I would have long intervals that I didn't watch the show, or if my memory is just failing me with age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast