+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

The season premiere is around the corner - this Friday! Any other BSG fans here?

I sometimes get little PR notices from the SciFi channel, and I thought this was a funny one to pass along.

This is for pizzerias in Los Angeles and NYC, so be looking for these flyers in your favorite pizza place.

The final plan has been revealed - find earth, find pizza!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Re: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

For those of you who have missed any of season 3 the Sci Fi channel is rerunning the first 10 episodes on Thursday, April 3rd and the second 10 episodes on Friday, April 4th before the season 4 premiere.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

LG.

dang, I wish we had the "I want to order a frakkin' pizza" promotion where I live. Down with free pizza for toasters. They should have pop tarts anyway.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2888293;
    dang, I wish we had the "I want to order a frakkin' pizza" promotion where I live. Down with free pizza for toasters. They should have pop tarts anyway.
    Me too! I might just do it anyway for the reaction.

I got a chance to see the premiere ahead of time. Tonight's show is going to be great! I don't know about worth the wait (a year....come on, Sci Fi) but if any show was worth the wait, it's this one.

Some questions are answered but not really, ala LOST - new questions arise. I don't want to spoil anyone so I'll just put a few tidbits in with spoiler tags. Really, you shouldn't read this because you should just watch the show tonight. But if you can't contain your curiosity, here goes:

*** SPOILERS ****
    Click to see Spoiler:
    • Starbuck thinks she was gone for a few hours but everyone else thinks she was gone for two months.
    • Starbuck's ship is immaculate with no scars or dents on the outside - but otherwise it's identical to the ship she left in.
    • Anders (Enders?) goes on his first Viper fight but can't fire...Cylon interference or nugget mistake?
    • During the fight, he gets scanned by a toaster...and they pull back.
    • Someone shoots Admiral Adama in the face...or do they?
    • According to Caprica 6, "the five are close" because she can feel them. Does that mean the 5th and final cylon is on the Galactica?

I can't wait to discuss it with you guys after the show. Love BSG!

FORT Fan

BSG is awesome! Great first episode back. It stinks that this is the last season. I think there are more than enough stories to keep it going another season.

They are setting it up like Starbuck is the last Cylon, but that would be too obvious. I am thinking the final Cylon reveal will be a big twist and shocking.

Hoping this season can keep it up!

LG.

I agree that Starbuck isn't the 5th cylon because that would be too predictable. I was amused when Anders told Starbuck that he'd still love her if she was a cylon, and she told him she'd shoot him in the face if he was (and he is). It's pretty apparent that Starbuck never loved Anders, and only married him to keep Lee at a distance. She's insane when it comes to relationships.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan

Odds are this season, Starbuck finds out Anders is a Cylon, but does not put a bullet in his head.

I wonder where they are headed with the "cult of Gaius Baltar" thing. He will gain followers and then what?

They're setting him up to be the ultimate personification of the one god versus multiple gods - but yeah, I don't know where they'll go from there.

I think this is interesting - you can watch the episode via live streaming before it airs on television. I don't know of any other show that does this.

FORT Regular

I love this show. My husband and I (and eventually our teen son) started watching this show on DVD in December starting with season 1. We caught up in time to merge with the premier of season 4 on sci-fi channel.

I'm counting the hours until tonight's episode!

I don't have much speculation to add at the moment, but I'm sure I'll join into conversation at some point.

I think the big question that hasn't been drawn out/defined well enough is the whole idea of free will - do the human-appearing cylons have free will and ability to control their individual destiny and choices or not? I think that is the deeper question that needs to be explored in season 4... because it will affect the final outcome of whether or not cylons and humans merge peacefully at the end of the series. The reality is that if cylons *do* have free will, and since they are virtually undetectable among humans AND they can procreate with humans... a hybrid species is inevitable. That's my logical take on all of this. On the other hand, if cylons and hybrid cylons do _not_ have free will, they will find themselves being hunted down by humans and exterminated or vice versa.

Annika

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast