+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

Re: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

I had a couple of friends who were able to attend the early screening of the mid-season finale. Here's what they had to say about it, without spoilers of course:
    "Battlestar Galactica presented their mid-season finale last night at the Cinedrome in LA. The show is pushing hard for Emmy recognition, and they had three of their lovely lady stars in attendance asking for Emmy votes.

We had to promise to SAY NOTHING to get into the screening. Just know that it's a great episode! Things are revealed, situations resolved, and everything is moved to the next level. Just watch and be glad I'm not saying more.

The event ended with a Q&A session with Ron Moore, the producer and creator of BSG, as well as Mary McDonnell (“President Roslin”), Katee Sackoff (“Starbuck”) and Tricia Helfer (“Six”) . Producer Ron Moore answered questions ranging from the significance of the number "12" in the series ("was it just a coincidence that there are 12 colonies and 12 Cylon models?") to when he had the idea to make Starbuck a woman ("right from the beginning"). Some interesting tidbits were dropped. He promised that the season finale would make everything tie together, and we would all be watching the series’ first episode again to understand how it all tied together from the beginning. There is a new series in production -- the prequel "Caprica". They are still considering some more movie length features. And podcasts will resume!"

There's not too long to wait. Looks like we can watch it starting tomorrow morning on the Sci Fi site!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan

What kind of ending was that? Now we wait half a year to figure out what it all means. I think they rushed too fast to get the Earth. I was surprised they had them find Earth with 8 episodes still left in the series. We'll see what happens.

LG.

My hubby's theory is that they made it to earth, but the planet had been destroyed, nuclear war, something like that, but that the inhabitants had made their way to some "New Earth"-like planet, so the last 8 episodes involves figuring out where they went and finding their way there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by norm;3059249;
    What kind of ending was that? Now we wait half a year to figure out what it all means. I think they rushed too fast to get the Earth. I was surprised they had them find Earth with 8 episodes still left in the series. We'll see what happens.
    10 episodes plus one 2-hour movie is what I've been hearing.

I think it comes down to "this has happened before and it will all happen again" which they've repeated many times in the series. So originally there were 12 colonies, with the 13th being on Kobol but they migrated to Earth, right? They left the roadmap on Kobol for the other colonists to find Earth. Maybe back on Earth, they developed Cylons who rebelled and nuked Earth, which then happened to the rest of the colonists. I admit I get confused.

I think the final Cylon must be on Earth sending out radio signals, activating the four sleeper Cylons and activating the signal in the viper. I'm not sure how it fits in but someone sent those signals.

I don't get how the other Cylons are supposed to hold these final five in such high esteem when they don't know anything, they are completely unclear on their role as Cylons, and if anything they were all directly involved in the quashing of Cylons for their entire lives. I have trouble seeing how the leaders of the human resistance could be of some benefit to the Cylons. I hope they can explain that satisfactorily.

I guess we have to wait until 2009 to find out.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by norm;3059249;
    What kind of ending was that? Now we wait half a year to figure out what it all means. I think they rushed too fast to get the Earth.
    This episode was filmed as a stand by last episode in case the writers strike drug out--they would not of shoot anymore episodes.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3059541;
    10 episodes plus one 2-hour movie is what I've been hearing.
    10 episodes with the 10th one a 3 hour finale plus maybe a movie

Richard Hatch Season 1

Well, it is pretty much certain that the last Cylon is not one of the big characters.

Note that in the half-season finale they mentioned that there are 4 in the fleet, so either the fifth was never there of the fifth left.

We know it's not Amanda and chances are that it is not Kara (the "Anti-Cylon") nor Gaius (the prophet).

So it is either someone we have never seen before (like the oft-mentioned Dirk Benedict!) or it is someone who was not in the fleet at the time, like Cally or High Priestess Elosha.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3092939;
    Well, it is pretty much certain that the last Cylon is not one of the big characters.

Note that in the half-season finale they mentioned that there are 4 in the fleet, so either the fifth was never there of the fifth left.

We know it's not Amanda and chances are that it is not Kara (the "Anti-Cylon") nor Gaius (the prophet).

So it is either someone we have never seen before (like the oft-mentioned Dirk Benedict!) or it is someone who was not in the fleet at the time, like Cally or High Priestess Elosha.
    I don't think the 5th can be some minor character. After the all the hype and build up it would be really disappointing to have something random like "Cally is the 5th". No, it has to be either someone major, or it has to be a really big surprise twist we can't even imagine, like some other machine, but presented in an intelligent way. Otherwise it will be a let down

My money is on Elosha. She's in Laura's cylon dreams.

Well... her or Dirk Benedict.
    Last edited by FireangelOne; 07-01-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: ty

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3092939;

Ron Moore the producer has said that no one in the last supper photo is the 5th cylon. He also stated the 5th cylon has been on the show since season 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pawpaw; 07-02-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast