+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

Re: New Amsterdam

I thought it was kind of predictable how they ended the episode. When that Russian guy said he was a dead man, I knew that they would end up trying to kill him and he'd be back to life. Though they came close to fooling me when it looked like he was going to the "other side", but then it just turned out being a near death experience and he woke up in the hospital bed. I could tell by his eyes how disappointed he was that she wasn't it, because I think he is very tired of being immortal. I wonder what he'll do about it and if he'll tell her that she isn't the one. Will he stay with her?

But anyway, season finale next Monday. I really really hope it comes back because I have a new show that I really like.

CCL

Well, people do get shot and still live. So it may be that the doctor is The One, and he wasn't meant to die at this time. But I think he will take his still living as indication that she is not The One and will act accordingly. Probably that's where the tension is now going to be..seeing as how they were together, her divorce was on its way to becoming final etc. Can't have them happily together or we wouldn't have a show!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2909180;
    Well, people do get shot and still live. So it may be that the doctor is The One, and he wasn't meant to die at this time. But I think he will take his still living as indication that she is not The One and will act accordingly. Probably that's where the tension is now going to be..seeing as how they were together, her divorce was on its way to becoming final etc. Can't have them happily together or we wouldn't have a show!
    I think it is just too early in the show to have her be "The One" it would be the end of it In my opinion.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2909180;
    Yes, people survive when they code, so I do agree that it could have been just a normal occurance, not an indication that he is still immortal. I think the fact that most points to him still being immortal and her not being the One, is that this is the first season and that would be the death of the show. There just wouldn't be any point in it anymore. If it were meant to be just a miniseries, then I could go with her being the one, but since it isn't I am going to go with that she isn't.

Premium Member

I agree with CCL - due to the fact that normally when he dies, he doesn't need to be hooked up to machines to come back to life. I am thinking back to the time when he met the doctor when he was left for dead in the morgue and got up and walked away - yet this most recent time, he slowly wakes up and still did not seem to be 100% healthy and able to hop up and run away as usual - seemingly more mortal all the time.

But then, I like to think his partner Eva is actually 'the one', which shows you what I know, lol.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2911272;

But then, I like to think his partner Eva is actually 'the one', which shows you what I know, lol.
    I'm rooting for the Seargent, personally. But it could be any one of the three really - he did meet them all around the same time....

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2911272;
    I agree with CCL - due to the fact that normally when he dies, he doesn't need to be hooked up to machines to come back to life. I am thinking back to the time when he met the doctor when he was left for dead in the morgue and got up and walked away - yet this most recent time, he slowly wakes up and still did not seem to be 100% healthy and able to hop up and run away as usual - seemingly more mortal all the time.

I thought it was just me - I think they have more screen chemistry and I found myself hoping/wishing that also.

I wouldn't be happy if the partner is "the one." I just don't see any sexual chemistry between them and don't think they would be a good fit romantically. I would rather it be the new boss if it's not the doctor, or maybe even someone we haven't met yet. I still like the doctor so I wouldn't mind if it's her. They could drag it out for a couple of seasons by him thinking she's not the one and then when he finally realizes she really is, she could be remarried or something.

Well, I for one am glad the high and mighty beyotch doctor is out of John's life. Doctor's have such ego's and know everything. Think maybe she was that heartless and that is why her marriage fell apart. Yeah, I don't think she was that much of a victim more like the cause.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

I don't really get the doctor's actions. She was all against Amsterdam a couple of weeks back, asking why he was lying to her, why he had no history etc. Then suddenly it is okay and it doesn't matter and she can be with him no problem? Rather inconsistent.
    It was interesting how quickly Amsterdam cooled on the doctor after he determined she was not The One. Seems with the other women he stuck around even knowing they weren't the ticket to his mortality. Maybe because he knows, from the subway experience, that The One is nearby and he can't waste time on someone else? (Though I'm not convinced the doctor is not The One. I still think their current seperation is a way of keeping Amsterdam from his true love for a while in order to complicate things. Though I also hope that someone else is his true love, like the Sergeant). If the show comes back I hope they focus on his search for who else was on the subway platform at the time of his heart attack. And if it doesn't come back I hope they tell us who was The One as it will drive me crazy.

+ Reply to Thread