+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: New Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2859506;
    I forgot to mention that. I didn't like it either! Far too soon in my opinion which makes me think maybe she isn't THE ONE, but rather somehow related to The One.
    I agree...She's attracted because he's so positive that they belong together and that can be very appealing, and he's pushing it because of his heart attack thing and he thinks that's a signal. But I think something could happen to give him pause as to whether she is or isn't the one.
    And to follow the logic, if his heart's such a mess, once he starts to age for real won't he at once have a real heart attack and actually die?
    Or is that too linear?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2860183;
    And to follow the logic, if his heart's such a mess, once he starts to age for real won't he at once have a real heart attack and actually die?
    Or is that too linear?
    I don't think his heart is a mess. The Native woman told him when he met The ONE he would feel it in his heart. I would think it would have to be a major reaction otherwise all the other times he felt a mere twinge or whatever he would be convinced she was nearby. (But maybe all the other times he met women in his past he got a flutter in his chest and convinced himself that might be a sign?) I'm half-thinking that maybe The One was in the subway but wasn't the doctor and he won't find that out until X number of episodes down the line. When he does meet The One (or, from now, if the doctor is it), he will start to age but at a normal pace - he won't all of a sudden become old.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2860420;
    I don't think his heart is a mess. The Native woman told him when he met The ONE he would feel it in his heart. I would think it would have to be a major reaction otherwise all the other times he felt a mere twinge or whatever he would be convinced she was nearby. (But maybe all the other times he met women in his past he got a flutter in his chest and convinced himself that might be a sign?) I'm half-thinking that maybe The One was in the subway but wasn't the doctor and he won't find that out until X number of episodes down the line. When he does meet The One (or, from now, if the doctor is it), he will start to age but at a normal pace - he won't all of a sudden become old.
    OK... literally feel it in his heart! Got it!

I guess even the truth has limits. He tried to tell her the truth, she just wouldn't listen. Of course it does sound pretty implausible especially for such a scientifically minded doc like herself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

He's got some evidence... he should have said, ok, I'll tell you, but you've got to be willing to look at the evidence, as otherwise you aren't going to believe me. Of course it was kind of spur of the moment....
    Evidence like those photos, evidence like Omar's testimony and DNA results....probably old pictures of himself.

63 children. Wow, does he keep track of them all. How many grandkids? How many greatgrands? How many wives?

Personally, I'm glad the doctor left. Bitch. Besides I don't think she is the one.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

He must spend a fortune on birthday cards.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I wonder what the deal is with the new character they introduced all of a sudden - the female boss. Maybe she's the one. She does seem to be interested in John. I don't know if the doctor is the one or not. His heart attack could have been just that - a heart attack. Maybe the writers aren't sure yet which direction they want to go.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2873025;
    He must spend a fortune on birthday cards.
    Maybe he has stock in Hallmark Cards.

I quite liked the boss at the precinct. And they kept emphasizing she was a new hire, so maybe she will turn out to be The One. I'd prefer that to the doctor at this point.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2875710;
    Maybe he has stock in Hallmark Cards.

I quite liked the boss at the precinct. And they kept emphasizing she was a new hire, so maybe she will turn out to be The One. I'd prefer that to the doctor at this point.
    Doctor's way too sanctimonious. She is questioning him about his past while she; a married woman, is sleeping with him as if she never took any vows to forsake others. Talk about throwing bricks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread