+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

CCL

Re: New Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;2836937;
    I'll watch a bit more--methinks doctor's hubby is going to meet a grizzly, untimely end......
    Maybe Amsterdam will be the detective investigating his death.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

the civil scenes were from Antietam.. which is is Maryland. One of the bloodiest of battles.
    Tahoe bound....

Most interesting quote so far was John saying to Omar that he didn't need any parental advice from his children. I wonder how times he has been married and how many children he has and does he keep track of them at all?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was thinking of all the children he has had and how he would have to watch them get old and die---how creepy is that! It would befun to see if he has met any famous people in his years on earth. It looks like he was hanging with Walt Whitman during the Civil War. He gave Amsterdam a copy of his Leaves Of Grass.

I caught last weeks Nielson Ratings and both of the episodes were in the top 20. Hopefully that will give the show some more time to grow with audience appeal. I've enjoyed the show so far. With the unique plot, it gives the show enough ways to to keep it fresh.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2840700;
    I caught last weeks Nielson Ratings and both of the episodes were in the top 20. Hopefully that will give the show some more time to grow with audience appeal. I've enjoyed the show so far. With the unique plot, it gives the show enough ways to to keep it fresh.
    That's good -- 'cuz I'm bummed about the cancellation of Journeyman, which had a fun and interesting premise, AND was set in San Francisco (where I would live if I didn't live in San Diego). And, of course, the previous year I really liked Book of Daniel, which got cancelled way too soon. With New Amsterdam, I've been thinking: "I kinda like this. I hope it's not cancelled."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think this show is starting to find its groove. Though there are still things about it that I just don't like. It's good enough for now, but I wonder how it'll compete when other shows start coming back. Does anyone know how it did with the new CBS comedy block and DWTS?

CCL

DWTS and CBS's comedy shows both got better ratings. But aren't Fox shows usually lower-rated than the other networks?
    Not sure about Amsterdam falling into bed so quick with the doctor. If she is The One, how are they going to hold the suspense?
    I did like the police story this week, as well as the flashback story. Coachman Amsterdam - swoon.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think that the show is holding its own considering what it was up against. I wasn't thrilled with the quick bedding either. I half expect him to find out that she is a descendent of one of his lady loves of the past.

I also love the flashbacks. I thought is was interesting that he says he keeps a career for about ten years. I wonder how long he has been a cop. It would be fun to see him change careers somewhere down the road.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2857311;
    Not sure about Amsterdam falling into bed so quick with the doctor. If she is The One, how are they going to hold the suspense?
    I did like the police story this week, as well as the flashback story. Coachman Amsterdam - swoon.

I forgot to mention that. I didn't like it either! Far too soon in my opinion which makes me think maybe she isn't THE ONE, but rather somehow related to The One.

+ Reply to Thread