+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

Re: New Amsterdam

I only managed to watch half of the first episode because I was just not that into it.. I got bored after a while...

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2827688;
    The next new episode is on Monday night, from what I can see (for Americans and Canadians).
    Don't you just love how they preview the show two nights on Fox (or the Canadian affiliate) then switch it to a third night for its "regular" time slot?

I watched last night's on Global, but for the life of me I could not tell you a single minute of what it was about. I don't think that's a good thing at all.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2827808;
    Don't you just love how they preview the show two nights on Fox (or the Canadian affiliate) then switch it to a third night for its "regular" time slot?
    It's a bit bad as it means you have to search for it instead of knowing it is on X day at X o'clock. I guess they figured showing it after American Idol would get people interested in watching the show before putting it in its regular time-slot. The lead is cute enough to fall around the tv dial, however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2827688;
    . . . I'll put this in spoilers for those who haven't seen episode two.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Love that Omar is Amsterdam's son. It puts a whole new spin on their relationship.
    . . .
    I was bored by the first episode, but this aspect reeled me in on the second one.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It took me awhile to get into it, but the second episode hooked me. I loved what we found out about Omar and the flashbacks this episode (I will leave it at that since I am not sure if I am allowed to go into further detail and I don't know how to do spoiler tags). i can't wait for the third. Though which will be the official day of the week it will be on? First it was Tuesday, then Thursday, and now Monday???? I am thinking that the doctor can't possibly be the one. If she is, then that would be too predictable and the show would be immediately over since being 400 years old, he would grow old and die and that wouldn't bode well if the main character is killed off so soon. I agree with whoever previously posted this that it will probably be someone we don't suspect, like his partner. Love the main character though, he is quite a hottie.

Liked the 2nd episode better than the first. But this is going up agains DWTS on mondays. I'll have to tape it if I am going to watch.. can't miss DWTS!
    Tahoe bound....

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2829157;
    It took me awhile to get into it, but the second episode hooked me. I loved what we found out about Omar and the flashbacks this episode (I will leave it at that since I am not sure if I am allowed to go into further detail and I don't know how to do spoiler tags). i can't wait for the third.
    You can talk about Omar without spoiler tags, Starbucks880. I only put the Omar information in spoiler tags in my earlier post because the second episode aired a day early in Canada and I didn't want to spoil anything for my American friends.

I'm presuming Monday will be the normal night now? Tuesdays and Thursdays are usual AI nights I think.

Monday will indeed be the usual night for the show. I think that it's foolish of them to play around with the timing so much for the first airings.

CCL

^ I think they were trying to draw in the AI-watching crowd by having the first episode after AI.

This show was okay. It seems to have been done before. It reminded me a lot of Highlander, except without the head chopping off. It also had elements of Angel and Forever Knight.

meh. The lead actor is a hottie though.

+ Reply to Thread