+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

Re: New Amsterdam

I liked it, didn't love it. It took awhile to get into it. I'd like to see more flashbacks to the past. I'll give it a few more episodes to decide if it is something I'll watch regularly. Right now there isn't a whole lot... but look out April.. lots of series are returning.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2824527;
    I was getting a strong Aaron Eckhart vibe with the lead actor. He's definitely a cutie.
    I haven't seen this yet (taped it), but have seen the commercials and completely agree about Aaron Eckhart. I was, I admit, excited about that because I loooooove Aaron Eckhart, but double checked on IMDB. I was wrong. So sad .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

There's another new episode on tomorrow night (Thursday) at 9! Just an FYI to everyone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I just watched it.. i liked it a lot! I myself got a more laid back Dennis Leary vibe frm him however.. but thas fine with me to
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

And I got a David Duchovny vibe from him . I liked it but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

For those of us in Canada there's a NEW episode on tonight on CTV. I assume it's the one that will be airing for everyone else tomorrow night. CTV probably doesn't want to mess with their Thursday night line up? I don't know, but just a heads up.

I also liked it, but didn't love it. I think it will get better as time goes on though.

CCL

Thanks for the information, canadian_angel! But it's airing on Global, not CTV. Unless it is airing on Global in some markets and CTV in some other ones so as to cause cross-Canada confusion.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was just coming to fix that. It is indeed Global! I just mixed up my stations when I was thinking about the show.

Global is airing the episode tonight after Big Brother.

I think it's just a confusing day for me! Though I wouldn't put it past the stations to mess with us too.

The new episode is not to be missed it lets you in on quite a bit about Amsterdam's life. I enjoyed it very much. I don't like his partner - she's one of those 'angry woman, out to prove something' types.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CCL

I watched the first two episodes this morning. I quite like the show. I'm glad that "the one" isn't his partner...not really wanting to have a "romance amongst the handcuffs" plot. But I'm not totally sold on the doctor, either. I'll wait and see on her. But I half-expect, if the show goes on, for us to find out five years from now that his partner was the one all along and he never realized.
    I'll put this in spoilers for those who haven't seen episode two.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Love that Omar is Amsterdam's son. It puts a whole new spin on their relationship.

The next new episode is on Monday night, from what I can see (for Americans and Canadians).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread