+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Amsterdam

Re: New Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2911272;
    I agree with CCL - due to the fact that normally when he dies, he doesn't need to be hooked up to machines to come back to life. I am thinking back to the time when he met the doctor when he was left for dead in the morgue and got up and walked away - yet this most recent time, he slowly wakes up and still did not seem to be 100% healthy and able to hop up and run away as usual - seemingly more mortal all the time.

But then, I like to think his partner Eva is actually 'the one', which shows you what I know, lol.
    I don't agree. I have worked with a lot of traumas and the rate at which he recovered from the gun shot was not normal. You would not see people return to work at fast and even if they did, they would not feel like doing a normal workload (in his case working a homicide). He had to be forced to not do work. So I think he is definitely immortal. I think this doctor was just one of the ones who he thought at the time was the one, but really isn't. I agree with Omar in that there was someone else on that subway platform that did that to him and he only thought it was the doctor.

I am beginning to think it will be an unexpected one, my most likely pick as of right now is the partner.

I think the doctor's actions are starting to show that she isn't the one and that she never really was connected to him or fully trusted him. I didn't see them as being really in love or connected in the way that the One is supposed to be with him. I think she did like him and was intrigued by the odd facts of his case and her ego got bruised a bit when he rejected her, but she isn't that girl. I think the way he didn't want to stay with her shows something--all the other women he stayed with. I really am glad she is out of his life. I didn't really care for her that much.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 04-15-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2920067;
    I don't agree. I have worked with a lot of traumas and the rate at which he recovered from the gun shot was not normal. You would not see people return to work at fast and even if they did, they would not feel like doing a normal workload (in his case working a homicide). He had to be forced to not do work.
    (Note - my comment was in reference to how the previous episode ended - before this week's aired, and he was still in the hospital bed at the end of that last episode, and had not recovered.)

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2919970;
    I don't really get the doctor's actions. She was all against Amsterdam a couple of weeks back, asking why he was lying to her, why he had no history etc. Then suddenly it is okay and it doesn't matter and she can be with him no problem? Rather inconsistent.
    It was interesting how quickly Amsterdam cooled on the doctor after he determined she was not The One. Seems with the other women he stuck around even knowing they weren't the ticket to his mortality. Maybe because he knows, from the subway experience, that The One is nearby and he can't waste time on someone else? (Though I'm not convinced the doctor is not The One. I still think their current seperation is a way of keeping Amsterdam from his true love for a while in order to complicate things. Though I also hope that someone else is his true love, like the Sergeant). If the show comes back I hope they focus on his search for who else was on the subway platform at the time of his heart attack. And if it doesn't come back I hope they tell us who was The One as it will drive me crazy.
    I defintely hope it comes back. I also hope that the doctor is not a "regular." Maybe after the show was filing someone got the bright idea that a) they have no chemistry, and b) it's a better show if we don't know who the "One" is from the first episode. The only thing I can come up with is that they know the actor is going to age even if his character isn't supposed to, so they though they should start out with him discovering the One. I like the idea of trying to track down everyone in NYC who was on the subway that day.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Was last night's episode the finale for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2920363;
    Was last night's episode the finale for the season?
    Yes, but from what I have heard New Amsterdam did very well and should be back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I hope what I read from Kristen at E!Online is wrong!!

Though final decisions have not been made, and there are a wealth of fans who are just dying to see Nicolaj Coster-Waldau’s New Amsterdam come back this fall, sources are saying that sadly, it isn’t looking good for a second season.

Fox did give New Amsterdam a vote of confidence, having it premiere in the coveted post-American Idol slot last month. And though it drew a respectable 13.7 million viewers, I'm hearing that might not be enough. (Even last year’s The Wedding Bells earned slightly higher post-Idol ratings, and still that series disappeared quietly.)

Fox boss Kevin Reilly recently told The Hollywood Reporter that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Back to You are the two most likely freshman candidates to return for a sophomore season, implying that other shows such as New Amsterdam just haven’t caught on with audiences.

Think he’s wrong? I know some of you most certainly do! So sound off in the comments below and let him see the Amsterdam love...

The final decision will be made by mid-May in time for the New York upfronts, where Fox will announce its new schedule
    Source: Watch with Kristin - <i>New Amsterdam</i> Probably Won&#039;t Live Forever

Yikes, I hope between now and upfronts some major rethinking happens! Otherwise that was it folks.

CCL

I wouldn't be surprised. The show was supposed to premiere in the Fall, so I thought, once I heard it was shelved until midseason, that its future did not look good.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just finished watching the finale this morning and one of the characters distinctly said that John should not be back at one week after being shot. Does anybody at that police station not have a clue. As a bit of a sidebar, I had a co-worker shot several yrs ago. He was robbed after having dinner in Washington DC and he got shot in the chest and was out of work for at least 6 weeks. So coming back after being shot in the chest near the heart in one week is totally unbelievable. Why is no one questioning it, especially that idiot of a doctor who is sleeping with him and hopefully looking and or touching his chest. Duh! She's a doctor, why is she not questioning it? Does she think it is part of John's lies and delusions? What a twit!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Journeyman was way better than this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Stupid Fox network! I was looking forward to seeing how the story progressed. I also really liked Back To You and thought the chemistry between Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton was really good.

Ausiello Scoop: Fox Cancels New Amsterdam - Ausiello Report | TVGuide.com

It's been a bad weekend for Fox's bubble shows.

Just hours after word leaked that the network had sacked Back to You, sources confirm to me exclusively that New Amsterdam has been euthanized as well.

+ Reply to Thread