+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lipstick Jungle

OK, I am sure that there are people out there who liked this show but I, for one, was unimpressed. I never felt compelled to watch an episode of Sex and The City either, so maybe that is the problem. I think Cashmere Mafia is a better show, and that it leaves you feeling better than this show does. This show is kind of a "shell", if that makes sense to you. I might try to give it one more shot, out of fairness, but I'm not sure I could make it through another episode. I just hope that Sex and The City was a better show than this one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Lipstick Jungle

I only watched half of it... =/... Yeah it didn't hold my attention. I thought it was trying too hard and maybe I'm just more partial to Cashmere Mafia because it came first, but I just thought the premiere fell flat too.

I kept flipping back and forth because it didn't hold my attention either. Maybe they didn't give enough information about each character to get us to like them more?
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I thought it had the akward stumbling blocks that pilots often do, but I liked the overall premise. But I could see it growing into a really good show if it is given the time to.

Cashmere Mafia is a more quirky, snappy show. This one was kind of slow and plodding, but I agree that that is kind of typical for a beginning pilot.

Lindsay Price's character was definitely trying too hard. Not impressed with the writing on that one yet. I liked Kim Raver's character. Brooke Shields didn't come off as the "lead", but I'd give this one time to gel.

And prhoshay..... Sex and the City was nothing like EITHER of these two shows. Much, much better.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, Cashmere Mafia "had me at Hello!". I think part of what disappointed me so much on this show was what seemed to me to be the differences in their life stations of the women. Lindsay Price's character seemed to be way too young for where the other women were in their lives. Where Lindsay was seemed to be where the other women had probably already been, and were past.

I kind of hated it that they kept shooting Brooke Shields in profile, and that her age was really showing. I didn't think it was very flattering for such a beautiful woman. Maybe it was just me, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2786801;
    I just thought the premiere fell flat too.
    I thought it fell kind of flat too. Especially with all the Access Hollywood pre-debut hype/buildup. I don't see it lasting that long.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I guess I will be the one person that did like it It wasnt great, but it has promise. I loved Sex and the City tho.. and no its a different show, but i can see how they can relate.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I wasn't that impressed, but SATC wasn't great right out of the box either. It was better than this show or LJ, but that first season wasn't the best. I'll give CM a chance because it's got a good "pedigree" and because, hell, there's nothing else on! It might not last to a second season but it will probably go for a while. Even if the strike ends really soon, it will take a bit for them to get new episodes filmed and ready to air. In a normal season though, this one would probably get canned pretty early on. Maybe it will hit its stride in a few episodes and before they cancel it.

Are we supposed to think Andrew McCarthy's character is a selfish bastard or a billionaire with a heart of gold? I don't know which way I'm leaning on that one, although he is still adorable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

According to ET, only 7.7million people tuned in last night to watch. That's only about 16 million less than those who turned in to Moment of Truth. Yikes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast