+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle

Re: Lipstick Jungle

What bugged me about the pregnant mistress story is that Nico didn't say "pending a DNA test, your baby will be taken care of." You'd think before she goes throwing money at her husband's mistress she'd at least make sure the baby is his. She seems much too smart not to get proof and even if in the backstory she plans to, I would have liked to hear her say it.

Other than that, I'm liking the show enough to keep watching. Victory's contractor certainly adds some more appeal to the show .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3210197;
    What bugged me about the pregnant mistress story is that Nico didn't say "pending a DNA test, your baby will be taken care of." You'd think before she goes throwing money at her husband's mistress she'd at least make sure the baby is his. She seems much too smart not to get proof and even if in the backstory she plans to, I would have liked to hear her say it.
    I agree. The mistress is a real b*tch too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hope they did DNA samples from the dead husband before they disposed of his body.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I actually think that storyline is just going to go away. I don't like that she went back to Kirby. I think it would have been a perfect way to segue into something new for Nico.

I hated the movie storyline with the cancer. Just dumb. I like Brooke Shields and her character, but I thought it was just stupid.

I like the Victory storyline and I like they are trying to find someone new - that contractor is HOT. Wow. Totally cracked up when she kept asking Roy why he was washing his hair in a bucket.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I missed the episode. Was the mistress his student (the one who showed up at the hospital last season)? And not to sound completely callous, but why would Nico give the baby momma any money even if DNA proved that the baby was her husband's child? All the money is hers now. I know--the baby's innocent... But if it were me, I might set up a college fund for the baby but I doubt I'd give the mistress anything 'cause she'd probably use it on herself rather than the baby anyhow.

I cannot get into this show! I thought Cashmere Mafia was so much more fun and in your face. This show is too dry and SLOOOOOW! I find the dialogue awful, and I hate saying that, because I have always been a fan of Brooke Shields. I think I am completely done with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3210526;
    I missed the episode. Was the mistress his student (the one who showed up at the hospital last season)? And not to sound completely callous, but why would Nico give the baby momma any money even if DNA proved that the baby was her husband's child? All the money is hers now. I know--the baby's innocent... But if it were me, I might set up a college fund for the baby but I doubt I'd give the mistress anything 'cause she'd probably use it on herself rather than the baby anyhow.
    I think Nico gave her the money because she realized how much of her youth she had given up by marrying her husband when she was so young and I think she sort of put herself in the other girls place. I do think it's a bit strange to set up a trust fund until you are sure that the child is actually his, but I suppose real life would be different than a tv show.

I really like this show. I think it's getting better this year. I really like that they are giving Victory other options besides the rich guy. I think the contractor is way hotter than the billionaire. Physically anyway. A billion dollars does have it's own attraction.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

So Wendy was fired for forging the actor's name on the insurance forms, eh? I can't believe she even took that risk. Will be interesting to see where she ends up now. And isn't Griffin, the new big boss, the guy who used to play on Las Vegas?

Anyway, can't wait for my Lipstick Jungle fix tomorrow night!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I thought Wendy forged the Doctors signature on the insurance form. They told her to consider herself lucky that they weren't going to pursue criminal charges against her. Well, she wanted to spend more time with her increasingly troublesome daughter. Now she has the chance.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Who is John Galt?

This show is getting rather boring for me this season. I enjoyed it more before. I like Nico and her boy toy probably the best. Victory is too emotional and irritates me (altho she is beautiful). Brooke Shields character is overbearing and not in a good way. I cannot imagine someone forging a doctor's name on a form and thinking she could get away with it - STUPID! She deserves to lose her job.

+ Reply to Thread