+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle

Re: Lipstick Jungle

Funny how for me it's the season finale episode that I finally like, at least a little. I'll give them that they ended on a good note. I'm not sold on the show, but I did enjoy last night's episode. I was watching because there was nothing else on and it turned out that I was pleasantly surprised.

I like this and Cashmere Mafia. Was that one cancelled? Neither are great shows but they are entertaining enough considering a lot of other shows on right now. Was I imagining things or was the opening different this time?

I'm not totally convinced Niko's husband is having an affair. Clearly his student is smitten with him but I don't know if she'd be so bold as to show up at the hospital if she were actually sleeping with him. But I could be wrong. I was rooting for Joe until he had that other woman in bed with him. I hope Victory kicks him to the curb once and for all. I know his millions are tempting but I don't think I would ever trust him.

I like this show. I think it would be hard for me to forgive a friend that said something as cruel to me as Wendy said to Nico, though. And poor Victory. I really liked Joe but for him to end up with another woman in his bed so soon was kind of shocking to me. I don't know why. Maybe men with that much money are so used to using people that it didn't mean anything to him. But I felt like he really cared about Victory and for him to turn to someone else so fast was really ******. I'm looking forward to the new season.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-24-2008 at 10:43 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I finally caught all the episodes... Kirby is hot. Smoking hot! Looks a lot like Scott Speedman with a better body. Holy cow.

Andrew McCarthy seems too smug to be really likable. And I think he's too short to do the little kisses on Victory's forehead. I know that sounds weird--he's just so little! I always think of Molly Ringwald when I see him.

I liked the episode where the ladies were in the shoe department and Wendy (Brooke Shields) asks Victory if Joe's got smaller feet than her.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Can't WAIT for the new season to begin! Love the dynamics of the characters on this show. Makes for some great Thursday night viewing. So glad it's returning
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't like this show as much as 'Cashmere Mafia', however I heard that CM won't be back, so I may be stuck with this one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3194498;
    Didn't like this show as much as 'Cashmere Mafia', however I heard that CM won't be back, so I may be stuck with this one.
    Ditto.
    Wag more, bark less

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got to admit that this show came out swingin' this season! The first episode was really pretty good! I'm in. Maybe they changed writers; the relationships between the women are much better now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209886;
    Got to admit that this show came out swingin' this season! The first episode was really pretty good! I'm in. Maybe they changed writers; the relationships between the women are much better now.
    I am loving this show more and more each week. The characters have really come to life. The storyline with Nico's dead husband's pregnant mistress is interesting to say the least.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I love Victory.. still, and more so this season already. I want her and the new guy in her life to stick it out.. I like them.

Nico, eh.. if not for the fact I get to look at Kirby, I would be happy if she was outta there. She doesnt do much for me. They pretty much wrapped up the "dead husband's pregnant mistress" last night.. pretty much.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread