+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Lipstick Jungle

OK, I've decided that this show is definitely . I think where they went wrong was in not showing, in the very beginning, how these women all came to be friends. With the differences in their ages, and stations in life, and life experience....it would have been a good idea to know what drew them together. There was potential for a good episode tonight, but the show was bland, with hints of taking off...but not delivering. And the dress designed by Victory was butt-ugly, with or without the jacket, which is why they probably never really showed it below the bustline. I thought the girl who played the star of the movie resembled the girl who, to her shock, was kicked off AI tonight.

This show just sucks! I was very disappointed tonight. TPTB need to send this albatross to the crematory ASAP!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I tried to watch tonight. I really did, but I got about 15 minutes in and wandered off. It just did not hold my attention at all. Brooke looks tired, the other two look aged. They just don't as fresh and polished as they should be. I'm not expecting perfection, but not so haggared either. Don't even get me started on the storyline either!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I can't get past how haggard Brook looks either. She looks a little too stepford wife-ish, even though her character is anything but. They definitely need to soften up her hair colour and makeup just a tad. And I agree. Giving us some backstory on the three women in the first episode would have went a long way in showing us just how meaningful their friendship is to each other. Also, don't either of these three women have parents or siblings they'd be in contact with at least some of the time??? As it stands, the characters are much too flat - no backstory and not enough history on either of them to show how their lives were shaped into what they are now. They're too one-dimensional.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Is anyone still watching this?

I knew Andrew McCarthy(I can't remember his character's name) was behind the investor buying all of Victory's designs.

The whole Nico/Kirby storyline is really getting old. I'm pretty sure Nico's husband is cheating on her as well so what? That's supposed to justify what she's doing?

ETA: Next week is the season finale and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Charlie is in the hospital. Guess this will be Nico's wake up call.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

I just started watching last week, and I agree with you about the Nico/Kirby storyline. I also agree that Brooke looks really harsh. Prior to this I was watching Cashmere Mafia, which I thought was a much better show.

I still can't believe this has been renewed and Cashmere Mafia most likely isn't coming back. There's no way this can be considered as good. Even tonight's was no improvement.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2841576;
    Is anyone still watching this?

I knew Andrew McCarthy(I can't remember his character's name) was behind the investor buying all of Victory's designs.

The whole Nico/Kirby storyline is really getting old. I'm pretty sure Nico's husband is cheating on her as well so what? That's supposed to justify what she's doing?

ETA: Next week is the season finale and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Charlie is in the hospital. Guess this will be Nico's wake up call.

Andrew McCarthy's character's name is Joe.

Actually I thought last night's show was pretty good. I'm caring more into the characters.

Season finale already?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jeez....I didn't even know that it came on last night. Maybe I can catch it on line, but I can't see straining myself, and I'll have to be really desperate for something to do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I kind of like this show, I like the women and their interaction. Victory's weepyness covers a backbone, who knew. The sheep farm/feathers thing was hilarious.

I think Charlie is cheating too - with that grad student of his.
    Why didn't Nico send Kirby home as soon as she got to the hotel?

I saw the pilot episode and I'm glad they changed a few things, like Wendy was a big ball of mush and in the end her emasculated husband leaves her anyway. The guy playing Shane was unlikeable, I like the new british guy. The tyrant who plays the boss Harold was playing Nico's husband and 'Mr. Gilmore' was playing the boss Harold. Kirby is different too, the first guy was way too smug and cocky, Nico wouldn't have come back for seconds.

I have never seen Cashmire Mafia nor have I seen even 1 episode of Sex and the City so I have no comparisons, I like this show. It's my 'girl' fix. Desperate Housewives in the city.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'd only watch this show becasue of how interesting the womans romance with Kirby looks and the fact that she was with him when a medical emergency occured to her husband. That whole scenario seems very desperate housewives to me.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread