+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Re: Lipstick Jungle

I liked this show. I haven't seen Cashmere Mafia. Although Lipstick wasn't great, SATC didn't start out great either. There was a lot of personalizing to the camera that I wasn't digging. I'll give this show more time to gel. Brooke was looking pretty old compared to the other two. I loved seeing Andrew McCarthy on there. Had a crush on him when I was younger. I liked the storyline of him a little bit. I think Kim Raver did great with her role. Very believable.

I am a sex and the city fan and this show disappointed me a lot. Maybe I expected too much. I will probably give it one more try to see if it gets better.

I missed tonights. Was hoping to catch it to give it another shot, but that didn't happen. It doesn't seem like I missed much?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Tried watching it again tonight to give it another chance. Fell asleep halfway through it. Maybe I'll try again next week.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watched, and it is still not anything I'm willing to go out of my way to see. I am just not feeling this show. To a certain extent, I think these women operate in parallel universes. There are just not the connections that you see in Cashmere Mafia. Cashmere Mafia is also a little more sophisticated, reminescent of circles of friends that I have actually experienced. Not to say that we were all that sophisticated, but we could "fake it" when we had to....and crack up about it later!

Does anyone besides me think that Brooke needs to lighten her hair? Not go blonde, but come up several shades. That dark hair/eyebrows have become so intense on her, and I think it's making her look "hard". I sure wish she had my stylist, whom I call "take no prisoners", 'cause she sure would have told her by now!!! Stylists usually tell you to lighten as you get older, and her time has definitely come.

I just kind of feel sorry for this show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, prhoshay, I do think that Brooke needs to lighten her hair for that very reason. She used to have pretty brown hair with highlights... I don't know why she darkened it. It needs to be softer.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm just find feeling Lindsay Price's character. Not believeable, imo. She seems to young.

I have not watched the second show yet, but I agree with you all. The first show was slow and not exciting. Cashmere has fun, hip music and great one liners. The show just goes through the motions. I love Brooke Shields, but yes, her hair is WAY too dark on this show. And I think her character is too whiny to be a strong, top 25 career woman.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night's show was better than usual, but it was also not really centered around the women as a group. There were individual stories. Seemed to work better for this show. One thing I thought I noticed last night was that Lindsay Price's navel seems to be really off center. Most things we have only 1 of are on our midline........hers looked to be noticeably off to the right. It was just strange looking. Maybe she's an alien with a navel implant, trying to masquerade as an earthling? The girl that played Brooke Shield's daughter did a very good job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree. I find that the character's storylines are developing more and their lives are becoming more interwined which makes things that much more interesting. Last night's sexual harrassment cliffhanger has me looking forward to next week's episode. There just may be hope for this show yet.

+ Reply to Thread