+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Treatment - HBO

In Treatment - HBO

HBO: In Treatment

IN TREATMENT - New show on HBO
    I love Gabriel Byrne - and there are different cases each week and different weeks of their sessions. Great idea for a show and Mark Wahlberg is one of the Executive Producers - he also produces Entourage as well. Good stuff. I've been watching. Anyone else?

What goes on in a therapist's head?
    Paul Weston is a compassionate listener with a respectable practice, but lately his patients' problems- and his own-are causing some cracks in his demeanor. 'In Treatment' follows the psychoanalyst through his week, capturing a patient's session each night, before concluding Friday in the office of Paul's own therapist. And with full episodes and daily recaps available at HBO.com, there's no reason to miss an appointment.

About the Show
    An innovative and emotional new series, "In Treatment" brings dynamic focus to a staple of modern society - the psychotherapy session. Adapted from a popular Israeli series, the show follows psychoanalyst Paul Weston through his week, capturing a session each night with his patients: Laura, Alex, Sophie and married couple Jake and Amy - before concluding each Friday in the office of Paul's own therapist, Gina. Stepping inside the tangled mind of a man who counsels others for a living, "In Treatment" renders an intricate portrayal of the experts we rely on for perspective.

'In Treatment' is based on the Series "Be 'Tipul" created by Hagai Levi with Ori Sivan & Nir Bergman. Other writers for the series include Yael Hedaya, Ari Fulman, Daphna Levin, Asaf Zippor and Maya Heffner.

Executive-produced by Hagai Levi, Rodrigo Garcia, Steve Levinson and Mark Wahlberg, "In Treatment" stars Gabriel Byrne ("The Usual Suspects," "Vanity Fair") as Paul, Josh Charles ("Sports Night, " "Four Brothers") as Jake, Embeth Davidtz ("Schindler's List, " "Junebug") as Amy, Melissa George ("Alias," "30 Days of Night") as Laura, Blair Underwood ("L.A. Law," "Dirty Sexy Money") as Alex, Mia Wasikowska ("Suburban Mayhem") as Sophie, Dianne Wiest (Oscar winner for "Hannah and Her Sisters" and "Bullets over Broadway") as Dr. Gina Toll and Michelle Forbes ("Kalifornia," "Battlestar Galactica: Razor") as Paul's wife Kate.

Re: In Treatment - HBO

I've been watching. While Laura annoys me with her long self indulgent monologues, and the married couple are completely despicable people, the Blair Underwood (Alex) episodes and especially the Sophie ones (Mia Wasikowksa is such a good young actress!) are really compelling. I've only seen 4 weeks worth so far (I'm not sure if week 5 came out yet), but does anyone else get the impression that Alex may be gay? I think that would answer a lot about him.

I too love Gabriel Byrne (Paul), especially in the Sophie scenes. Right now they are the only ones where Paul is redeemable. The scenes between he and Dianne Wiest (Gina) are great as well, a real battle of wills there.

I'm hoping we are gonna get a glimpse of Paul's daughter Rosie. We've heard a lot about her second hand, and it sounds like she has her issues as well.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. Anyone know how many weeks there are going to be? Will there be more than one season?
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread