+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: LOST - Season Four

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2780872;
    I didn't get to see seasn 3 because of scheduling so I have some questions. Is there a compact synopsis anywhere you can point me to? Is season 3 out on DVD? Whatever happened to that gorgeous African guy with the stick? (I didn't see him on the recap) Do we know who/why the part of the sub with Charlie was blown up?
    Locke blew up the Others' sub so that no one could leave the island (one reason Jack hates him so much). Charlie was killed in an underwater Dharma setting--it was blown up by one of the Others to try to prevent Charlie from ending the blocking of transmissions from the island (the machine that did the blocking was located there). However the explosion was too late, Charlie had already ended it... and gotten a brief chat with Desmond's rich ex, Penny, who was still looking for Desmond...and that clued Charlie in that the boat people were not Penny's rescue party as had been implied.
    The gorgeous African guy got weirder and weirder, lots of flashbacks to his previous life as a boy soldier in one of those countries where rebels capture children and force them to kill people, and then as leader of a group of bad guys, who eventually gets into a situation where his brother, a priest dies, so he takes on his brother's identity. He eventually was killed by an island device....a kind of black cloud. There were a lot of jokes about the curse of the DWI as several cast members were killed off who had been arrested in Hawaii. One of them was Ana Lucia, a former policewoman, who was asked about in this first Season 4 episode. Another was a woman, Libby, who we saw in flash backs as a nurse when Hurley was in the mental hospital, but who also seemed to be about to become Hurley's girlfriend. They, like the African guy, were in the second group of survivors of the flight who were in the tail section (aka Tailies). About the only Tailie who survived the season was Bernard who was Rose's husband. The two women were killed by the other main black character as part of a deal to rescue Ben in exchange for the black guy's son whom the Others had kidnapped. Then he and his son were put on a boat and supposedly set free to escape the island. However the son (Walt) has been seen in a kind of ghostly form since, so who knows.

I didn't get to see season 3 because of scheduling so I have some questions. Is there a compact synopsis anywhere you can point me to? Is season 3 out on DVD? Whatever happened to that gorgeous African guy with the stick? (I didn't see him on the recap) Do we know who/why the part of the sub with Charlie was blown up?
    Here you go Gutmutter: abc episodes in summary for season 3 although PWS gave you a great "in a nutshell" version:

Lost - Episode Recaps - ABC.com

I didn't get to see seasn 3 because of scheduling so I have some questions. Is there a compact synopsis anywhere you can point me to? Is season 3 out on DVD? Whatever happened to that gorgeous African guy with the stick? (I didn't see him on the recap) Do we know who/why the part of the sub with Charlie was blown up?
    Season 3 is definitely out on DVD. I bought it and it is also available for rental by Netflix and Blockbuster.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wow! Thank you all! Ask and you shall receive.
    Count your blessings!

I don't know if this was mentioned already in season 3 thread - I apologize if it was. I just found the abc link to Lost: Missing Pieces, and it contains what appears to be cut scenes from the past. In case anyone is interested:

Lost - Missing Pieces Home - ABC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2780038;
    Second (and bigger) -- I don't think it was a coincedence that EVERY SINGLE shot that Hurley took swooshed right through the net, and Jack even commented asking him if he ever missed, and that every shot Jack took he missed. I don't think that it was just showing us that Hurley was playing a lot of basketball since being institutionalized. I think there was a distinction to be made between Hurley achieving perfection, and Jack not. I'm thinking that maybe Hurley was not a survivor who made it off the island. Perhaps he's dead? How many people have died on the island who were on the plane? Is it possible that the Oceanic 6 were the ones who died?

Could this have anything to do with Hurley and his whole luck-thing? I haven't eaten today and am not thinking clearly but I wanted to throw it out there while it stuck in my mind.

Any ideas?
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

I just read every synopsis of every ep last season and I only have one question (OK, that's a lie, but...) What was up with the two diamond thieves who were buried alive. Did they have ANYTHING to do with the storyline before or after?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2781356;
    I just read every synopsis of every ep last season and I only have one question (OK, that's a lie, but...) What was up with the two diamond thieves who were buried alive. Did they have ANYTHING to do with the storyline before or after?
    They were despised (well maybe that was to strong) "much disliked" by viewers. Actually, in my case I don't like the whole bring in someone new and then kill off one of my favorite original losties idea. I think a lot of people just didn't like the characters, TPTB got the message fast, and wrote them out earlier then what was planned. Their death was supposed to have stirred up sympathy for the characters but most of us were thinking good, let's get on with the story now.

Thanks! Between the recap before Thursday's show, everyone's help here, the synopsis(es?) from the link you posted, and Youtube's Lost in 8 min. I think I'm pretty much up to speed. So is it on Weds. or Thurs. this year?
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Its on Thursdays this year Gut.....due to the writers strike we only get 7 more episodes though!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread