+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

elk

Re: LOST - Season Four

I am not sure whether the time factor has been speculated on at this point, but here comes mine:

Remember when 'Eyeliner Guy' didn't age from meeting Ben when he, Ben, was a child up to and including when middle-aged Ben was his 'leader'?

Is it possible that the gift some island inhabitants get is slowed down or stopped ageing? How else could the Others have thrived in the years from the purge until now? They still had a fairly large population, so even though they couldn't replenish their number through new births, not ageing would keep said numbers up.

I don't recall that we were given any clues to the dates of the flash forwards. Jack was back at his old hospital where the staff seemed to be strangers to him.

So much seemed to have changed in what we have been led to believe is only 3 months...

I think that might explain Jack's and Hugo's misery; what good is coming back home if everyone you loved has died? Jack and Hugo might both feel they needed to get back to the island if their only living loved ones/family remain there. It would also explain the celebrity of the Oceanic 6.

I'll admit there are flaws to this (Ben did age - but as far as we know, he is the only one - even Aaron is still more of an infant than a 3 month old), but it just occured to me and I thought I'd share.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

I think Aaron is huge!

But Alex aged too, so who knows...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree with you all that which team they went with may not relate to who gets off the island...in fact we know it doesn't since both Jack and Hurley are "off" (or dead or whatever being one of the Oceanic 6 means!), and they were clearly on different "teams".
    And I also agree that they really rushed the team division...no one seemed to explain the whole scene well, with Charlie and his message and why they were so convinced it meant what they think it meant. The closest they got was Hurley saying my friend changed his mind and then he died so I"m going with him. If I were any of the red shirts I'd want a lot more detail before deciding what to do... and I"d think Jack, and especially level headed Kate would as well.
    Either Sawyer isn't on the island any more or Kate doesn't care...she seems to have no desire to return.
    Didn't notice Jack's teeth...hmmmm.
    PS Check out the screen shot from the new episode that Dogg posted in the Season 3 thread.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-02-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2779727;
    You don't really want to know do you???

Well, spoilerfix thinks they have one on a 4th lostie to make it off the island; said lostie has a centric episodes that shows a flashforward off the island.

Gutmutter, only if you really want to be spoiled:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sayid
    Thanks Mike's girl!! Woot woot!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2780486;
    Thanks Mike's girl!! Woot woot!
    Indeed!!!

well, i watched again

realized that the black man visiting hurley at the nutfarm was NOT a figment of his imagination, since it was the nurse that pointed him out.

he asked Hurley "Are they still Alive?". and that's when Hurley got upset

so i guess the writers wanted us to consider that the other Oceanic survivors may not necessarily be dead.

then later on i did catch Jacks missing teeth when they were shooting the basketball. Hurley asked Jack why he was really there and inferred he was trying to see if he "told".

maybe that wasn't Jack at all

something very strange is going on

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2780566;
    something very strange is going on

This is the LOST we are talking about.

I didn't get to see seasn 3 because of scheduling so I have some questions. Is there a compact synopsis anywhere you can point me to? Is season 3 out on DVD? Whatever happened to that gorgeous African guy with the stick? (I didn't see him on the recap) Do we know who/why the part of the sub with Charlie was blown up?
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

there's a video floating around the net that's called something like "first three seasons in 8 minutes 15 seconds" or something like that. you could watch that...

Hurley saw Charlie in the store "by the slushies" and it to say the least freaked him out. He told Charlie this when he showed up "dead" at the hospital.

+ Reply to Thread