+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: LOST - Season Four

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2951421;
    Kate isn't a bitch, she's a realist, and I didn't think she was cold to Jack in the future scenes.
    I agree. Jack is with Juliet now anyhow. I don't think she was cold to Jack in the future either...I think she realized that for whatever reason, things can't be as they might wish. It's a complicated story...obviously! I also don't think she was cavalier about any of her crimes.

I have a question. Keamy was supposed to be on the boat so How the heck did he get on the island to kidnap and kill Alex? Another sign of the time continuim thing??
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I don't see how Ben can be immortal, else why would he have needed Jack to perform spinal surgery to remove a tumor? Why would the island have not healed him as it did Rose? Whatever Ben's connection is with the island, it seems at this point to be weakening.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2951964;
    I don't see how Ben can be immortal, else why would he have needed Jack to perform spinal surgery to remove a tumor? Why would the island have not healed him as it did Rose? Whatever Ben's connection is with the island, it seems at this point to be weakening.
    I also do not believe that Ben is immortal. There probably are some game rules between Ben and Charles; family is safe, and when Alex was murdered the rules changed. There is something though about the island and life & death - if the island needs you your life is safe until it no longer needs you, I guess. Obviously, the island has a select list of who it has use for/of.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2951952;
    I have a question. Keamy was supposed to be on the boat so How the heck did he get on the island to kidnap and kill Alex? Another sign of the time continuim thing??
    I was wondering the same thing. My thoughts (but I pretty much suck at trying to figure these things out)....

When Faraday gets the morse code thing going, he asks "what happened to the "doctor", but if you listen closely, it sounds more as if he asked "what happened to the "daughter". I think Faraday and his compatriots are working with Keamy, and the pilot got him to the island using Faraday's coordinates.

And, I can't help but think that Keamy, Faraday's group, and Ben are working together. Widmore says he's going to get the island back, and Ben says he'll never find it. But if Keamy was working for Widmore, then Widmore wouldn't need to find the island - he already has. And, it seems very coincidental that Ben sends his daughter, her boyfriend, and mother right into Keamy's clutches. I am inclined to think the whole thing was a show for the Losties as a way to make them show support for Ben. Similarly, I'll bet Ben killed Sayid's wife and is using it as a way to draw Sayid in.

Heck, I am beginning to wonder if Ben and Widmore are working together. Ben says Widmore changed the rules. That implies that they are either "friendly" enemies and have laid out some sort of ground rules for their battle, or they are in some sense working together.

Now that I think about it, what it is almost looking like is that Ben and Widmore are playing a game of Stratego - only with real people. I thought it was ironic that Sawyer and Hurley were playing Stratego on this episode. It was also ironic that Hurley said something like "Australia is the key to the game".
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-28-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2953505;
    I was wondering the same thing. My thoughts (but I pretty much suck at trying to figure these things out)....

When Faraday gets the morse code thing going, he asks "what happened to the "doctor", but if you listen closely, it sounds more as if he asked "what happened to the "daughter". I think Faraday and his compatriots are working with Keamy, and the pilot got him to the island using Faraday's coordinates.

And, I can't help but think that Keamy, Faraday's group, and Ben are working together. Widmore says he's going to get the island back, and Ben says he'll never find it. But if Keamy was working for Widmore, then Widmore wouldn't need to find the island - he already has. And, it seems very coincidental that Ben sends his daughter, her boyfriend, and mother right into Keamy's clutches. I am inclined to think the whole thing was a show for the Losties as a way to make them show support for Ben. Similarly, I'll bet Ben killed Sayid's wife and is using it as a way to draw Sayid in.

Heck, I am beginning to wonder if Ben and Widmore are working together. Ben says Widmore changed the rules. That implies that they are either "friendly" enemies and have laid out some sort of ground rules for their battle, or they are in some sense working together.

Now that I think about it, what it is almost looking like is that Ben and Widmore are playing a game of Stratego - only with real people. I thought it was ironic that Sawyer and Hurley were playing Stratego on this episode. It was also ironic that Hurley said something like "Australia is the key to the game".
    You have provided a lot of food for thought....... Lost has so many quirks, odds are that you may have hit it right on some of these possibilities.

I do think the animosity between Ben and Charles is real; there may be a game aspect to it, but IMO they are opponents. Would Ben send his daughter off to be captured - possibly, he is very deceptive and manipulative. But, I think Ben was horrified by Alex's death. I'd like to think he thought he was sending them to safety, but who knows??

I like your thinking on Ben and Faraday's group working together against Widmore.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

LG.

Didn't Sayid and Desmond find out that the freighter's communication systems had all been trashed (and Sayid needed to try to patch together something so Des could call Penny on Christmas Eve?). If that is the case and they can't do "long range" communication, only morse code through short waves or something like that, then maybe Widmore doesn't know they've found the island, so he still hasn't "found" it in the future of none of his freighter people survive and tell him about it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2954244;
    Didn't Sayid and Desmond find out that the freighter's communication systems had all been trashed (and Sayid needed to try to patch together something so Des could call Penny on Christmas Eve?). If that is the case and they can't do "long range" communication, only morse code through short waves or something like that, then maybe Widmore doesn't know they've found the island, so he still hasn't "found" it in the future of none of his freighter people survive and tell him about it.
    It's sounds entirely possible! Nothing about this show surprises me anymore. No such thing has far fetched thinking here especially since so many of those ideas have panned out.

You are correct about Sayid working on the communications, was the communication guy still alive at that moment.... I don't remember?

I love Penny though, and would be really disappointed if she and Desmond don't make it out of this to find each other. That is one threat from Ben that I hope is never fulfilled.

I liked Alex and all but the character development for her never stirred any warm fuzzies for me. Her death was just another casualty for me, but Penny - I would hate that. Maybe Charles could step in the way and take the bullet for his daughter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2954244;
    You are right, and I thought of that little inconsistency. It is probably true that the boaties are working for Widmore, and that Ben was just plain old stupid to send Alex, her boyfriend and mother into their clutches. But Ben is not stupid.

+ Reply to Thread