+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

Re: LOST - Season Four

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2872255;
    I don't think anyone can leave unless they have the right compass bearings. ... Unless you stay on the correct path you don't make it out (I think).
    That could explain why the raft ended up back at the island.

So I'm watching this enhanced version of the season premiere and when Jack and Hurley are playing "Horse", Jack gives up at "H.O." According to the enhanced information, H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and O is 15. which is the same number as their flight (815). I never even thought of that.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Really, who, with a life, ever has time to think of that?!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2874684;

Really, who, with a life, ever has time to think of that?!!!
    Actually, given the LOST obsession, especially in the beginning and with the numbers I'm amazed no one here did pick up on it! NOT, of course, to imply that the FORT Losties have no lives!

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

It just amazes me how much thought the writers and creators put into this show. Sometimes I feel like I wish I had a higher intelligence in order to digest it all at once. It baffles me sometimes and that's what keeps me coming back for more. Who knew you could learn so much from a 1-hour show??

While we have some down time here, somebody clue me in... I didn't watch a single show last year because of a scheduling conflict. I read the summaries, but don't feel like I've missed anything. What did you get from last season?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezers;2875285;
    It just amazes me how much thought the writers and creators put into this show. Sometimes I feel like I wish I had a higher intelligence in order to digest it all at once. It baffles me sometimes and that's what keeps me coming back for more. Who knew you could learn so much from a 1-hour show??
    But what are you really learning? Nothing.

And as far as wishing you had "higher intelligence in order to digest it all at once," most of the people that notice every minute detail either watch an episode multiple times or are consumed with Lost message boards/blogs/etc. Who has that kind of time to devote to a TV show? I sure don't. Nor do I want to.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2875656;
    While we have some down time here, somebody clue me in... I didn't watch a single show last year because of a scheduling conflict. I read the summaries, but don't feel like I've missed anything. What did you get from last season?
    Well.... a whole lot about the "Others" and how they interact, and a lot backstory on the Losties. And a lot of the Jack/Sawyer/Kate love triangle. Of course you can just read the summaries, but that's true of the whole show. You don't really get the "feel" if you don't see it acted.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2874634;
    So I'm watching this enhanced version of the season premiere and when Jack and Hurley are playing "Horse", Jack gives up at "H.O." According to the enhanced information, H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and O is 15. which is the same number as their flight (815). I never even thought of that.
    I gotta say that I love the format that they've been using since Lost came back. New episode one week, enhanced re-run the next, leading into another new one. I really like having the week to digest and discuss the episodes and the semi-immediate debriefing with the enhancements that show something I might have missed or never (in a million years) have picked up on (like the H-O/8-15 connection). I think they're very interesting and allow you to watch other aspects of the scenes without having to wait for the dvds or random re-runs.

Destiny is a fickle b**ch Beezers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2876771;
    But what are you really learning? Nothing.

And as far as wishing you had "higher intelligence in order to digest it all at once," most of the people that notice every minute detail either watch an episode multiple times or are consumed with Lost message boards/blogs/etc. Who has that kind of time to devote to a TV show? I sure don't. Nor do I want to.
    Actually, I do. I've been introduced to people and literary references that have made impacts to our world as we know it through some of the characters names such as the freighter people's (google them) and even show references like Miles's name. It's Miles Straume also jumbled to spell Maelstrom, which defines what is going on with the island and what his part is in it. That's just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, not counting the countless biblical references and the similarities of Benjamin, John, Aaron, Jacob and how they're all tied together. That's where I was coming from.

+ Reply to Thread