+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

Re: LOST - Season Four

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2864962;
    It was a flashback but a more recent flashback to how Michael came to be on the Kahana. The flashback took place after he and Walt had already left the island. They moved to Manhattan and what we're led to believe is that Walt discovered what Michael did to Libby and AL (not to mention selling out Jack,Kate and Sawyer) and didn't want to talk to him anymore. Michael sent Walt to live with grandma. She was told that she could never use their real names (Michael's or Walt's) and could never tell anyone about them being survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 or the island. Michael can't live with what he's done and yet for some reason (Tom said it had something to do with the island), he can't seem to kill himself. "The island won't let you."
    I don't think that Walt is the one in the coffin. I think it's someone we haven't met yet. However, I do think it's possible that grandma is the same woman that Miles helped in his flashback.
    I realize that Michael's was a flashback. I was thinking of Miles' introduction.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

Oh. Hmm...I think it was a flashback. Probably taking place right after Michael's.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by PurrpleCat;2864947;
    So if Desmond is not one of the O6, and he's been trying to get home to Penny, why does he stay behind on the island? Does he die?
    I think even if he made it back he wouldn't be considered one of the Oceanic 6 because he wasn't on that flight.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;2865152;
    I think even if he made it back he wouldn't be considered one of the Oceanic 6 because he wasn't on that flight.
    I agree Terena.
    Purrplecat We have no indication at this point whether Desmond will make it off the island; either with the O6 or at series finale.
    He is on the boat, and is hoping to get back to Penny. The fact that he is on the boat does not mean he won't make it off; Penny knows he is alive and safe for the moment. Penny's father Charles Widmore dislikes Desmond and I wouldn't put it past him to try and kill Desmond - but how awful would that be!!!

I really don't think Cuse and Lindelof are that mean that they would kill off Desmond. I mean that is one of the best love stories continuing on the show. If he isn't rescued with our O6, I think he will be rescued at end of series. Except for Sayid, all the other O6 survivors are still on the island. The question is when and how will they make it off.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Interview with Karl

Even though I don't think there is anything spoilerish in the interview, I erred on the side of caution!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Blake Bashoff was kind enough to speak with me this morning about the death of Lost's Karl. He shared a little dish about a deleted shot from the final scene, his gut feeling about the fate of Rousseau, and who might be pulling the strings—or at least the trigger.

Are you really dead?
    I think I'm pretty much shot dead.

How did this come about?
    The timing just sort of worked out. I booked this Broadway show, Spring Awakening, that was going to take me away for at least six months. We called Carlton and Damon and gave them the heads-up. They know the show that I'm doing, they're big fans of it, and they said that's an amazing opportunity, so they went back to the writers' room and brainstormed. And I think that this was actually an idea that they threw out there early on—that Karl would eventually bite the dust, and this was the right time.

Now, for the fans who want to see more of you, tell us: What's this Broadway thing you're doing?
    Thanks for asking. It's Spring Awakening at the Eugene O'Neill in New York, Broadway and 49th. It's won eight Tonys, and it's the story of young love in 1890s Germany. I play Moritz, but the music is all modern rock 'n' roll. I always just did TV for years and then this came along, and it's wonderful.

The good news is you got the Han Solo line before you died: "I've got a bad feeling about this." I think that's a little gift from the producers. What did they tell you when they told you about the scene?
    I wish I knew more than what we all saw last night, but it's sort of all shrouded in secrecy. Watching the episode last night, I did notice that [something that we shot wasn't shown]. On the day we filmed it, the people who were shooting at us, there was actually a great shot of the snipers emerging through the jungle in these incredible, elaborate, jungle camouflage uniforms. And I don't know if you got a sense of that last night or not—I think you just saw movement in the trees.

In terms of what they told me, they didn't tell me much except it's going to be exciting, and we'll hope to have you back in some capacity, and the good news is when you do come back, you serve a cool purpose like Mr. Friendly last night.

Obviously, there's going to be a scene that follows the scene we ended on last night. Do you think that Danielle is killed dead, and will we see any more of Karl's body, or are we just going to leave him there in the dirt?
    That's a good question. If you do see Karl's body, I don't think it will actually be me. But they've done it in the past where they have these great body doubles who can certainly play corpses masterfully. Rousseau? I don't know. She's pretty blown up, but...I have a sense you haven't seen the last of Rousseau.

I have a backstory question. I don't know if you have any idea about the answers to this, but I think we learned at one point that Karl was an orphan, and in a sense Alex is, too. Ben obviously adopted Alex and made her his daughter and raised her, but Karl's this foundling who can go to hell as far as Ben is concerned. Do you know anything about why Alex was favored and Karl wasn't?
    I wish I did, because I still don't know much about Karl's backstory, especially with pregnant women on the Island. I sort have no idea where he was conceived and where he came from, but I assume he grew up on the Island since he didn't know what The Brady Bunch is.

In the end, I think basically Karl and Alex and Ben comes down to Ben being an overprotective father and knowing what happens to pregnant women on the Island, and knowing that Karl and Alex were clearly in love and wanted to make a life for themselves and maybe even get off the Island. And he was just playing the father card and didn't want to run the risk of Alex getting pregnant at all.

I guess that leads into the next question: Did Ben kill you? Was that Ben?
    Really good question. It's hard to tell, right? It's hard to tell based on the writing—they certainly hinted that it could be a possibility, because you know, Karl was astute and asked, "Why isn't everybody going? Why are you just sending us?" And the bullets sort of clearly missed Alex. However, it's my gut that Ben was genuinely trying to protect Alex and genuinely thought that Rousseau could, would, protect her, if need be. It's hard to tell with Ben, but I think that this is real.

And what was it like leaving the show and Tania Raymonde?
    I love the show. It's a great group—not to mention they're all incredibly good-looking—and, I mean, you get to shoot in paradise. And Tania? Tania's wonderful. I guess I'm more of the introverted type, and she's the life of the party. I love working with her.

Well, we can't wait until you can come back to Lost, because Karl and Alex are awesome, and I think there's a lot left to learn about them.
    Thank you very much
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Wow, good interview - thanks bbnbama!

I'm wondering if desmond can't leave the island, just like the Island won't let Michael die. Remember when he tried to leave on the boat, he couldn't.....

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;2870126;
    I'm wondering if desmond can't leave the island, just like the Island won't let Michael die. Remember when he tried to leave on the boat, he couldn't.....
    I don't think anyone can leave unless they have the right compass bearings. Remember Ben was very specific when he told Michael what course to follow (was it 315???)- and Walt and Mike made it safely back. Unless you stay on the correct path you don't make it out (I think).

No new Lost this week, right? When do they start up again?
    Count your blessings!

CCL

^ A month.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread