+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: LOST - Season Four

Hate to admit I didn't think of it until you all pointed it out, but it never entered my head, and I think you may be right---who is getting shot? Ben's competitors for his daughter's affections...her boyfriend and mom. And that "your mom will protect you" line? Perfect set up for when her mom can't protect her and she has to depend on being Ben's daughter to survive.
    Of course the problem with that logic is that if any of Ben's friends come out of the bushes to capture her she will know that they aren't from the ship--after all, she knows everyone on the island. So the only way it works is if she now runs back to daddy Ben without further mishap...perhaps thinking they are following her to find him? How else would she explain being neither captured or shot to herself, except, of course, by thinking it might be a set up by dad?
    Re the gay guy...yes, we knew about him before. On the one hand, he's the token gay guy...as in, the odds are there must be at least one gay person on the island! But maybe only one, since he has to "take advantage" of being off the island to have any fun. On the other hand, cool that it is just a minor mention, not a big deal, when it comes up, and that he's so counterstereotypical. Like the way they are treating race/national origin, kind of ho hum, compared to the BIG divisions on the island!
    Last edited by PWS; 03-21-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Okay, I blew it! I spent all day yesterday convinced it was Friday as that's the day I normally work, but today is a stat holiday so I worked Thursday instead. When it came time for my weekly fix of Lost, I gapped until it was almost over, then managed to record the last 10 minutes (which I haven't yet watched). Unbelievable! Does anyone know if last night's ep will be rerun before the new episodes? Also, is it worth it to watch the last 10 min, or should I just suck it up and hope for a repeat?
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by fougette;2860604;
    Okay, I blew it! I spent all day yesterday convinced it was Friday as that's the day I normally work, but today is a stat holiday so I worked Thursday instead. When it came time for my weekly fix of Lost, I gapped until it was almost over, then managed to record the last 10 minutes (which I haven't yet watched). Unbelievable! Does anyone know if last night's ep will be rerun before the new episodes? Also, is it worth it to watch the last 10 min, or should I just suck it up and hope for a repeat?
    You can watch it on ABC.

CCL

^ Unfortunately ABC does not allow non-American viewers to watch programming online. But you could check out the recap on ABC, fougette. And I wouldn't be surprised if they reran this last episode right before they started airing new episodes.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2860685;
    ^ Unfortunately ABC does not allow non-American viewers to watch programming online. But you could check out the recap on ABC, fougette. And I wouldn't be surprised if they reran this last episode right before they started airing new episodes.
    Thanks, I will. I was hoping that would be the case, and I'm sure, seeing as you think the same way, it WILL be true...
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2860685;
    Do you have any idea why they won't let non-Americans watch ABC programming online? That seems so weird to me.

Fougette, I have been hearing that ABC will be rerunning the Season 4 episodes while we're waiting for the new ones.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2860790;
    Do you have any idea why they won't let non-Americans watch ABC programming online? That seems so weird to me.
    Because when they sell the program rights to foreign countries the sale includes allowing the purchaser to make money off the programming via advertisements. If non-Americans were able to watch Lost via ABC the local programmers would be losing out on their revenue source. Other American networks also block non-Americans from accessing shows via their websites, so it is not unique to ABC.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the following:

At the end of Season 3, we all know that Charlie lied about being an underwater swimming champion in high school so that everyone would think he could dive to the boat and return safely. No problem there. And we also saw in Charlie's flashback a scene where his father was teaching him to swim. Okay.

But, in Season 1, Episode 5 (White Rabbit), Charlie rushes over to Jack and screams at him that there is something in the ocean. Jack hurries in and rescues Boone, but the woman who was further out drowns. In that scene, Charlie states that he doesn't know how to swim. I seriously doubt that a non-swimmer could learn enough in a few months to dive down that deep and find his way to the boat without panicking. So, do you think that this is...

1. Just a continuity error.
    2. Charlie was lying originally about not knowing how to swim; this seems very unlikely.
    3. Charlie was in withdrawal and not thinking clearly back then; also seems unlikely.
    4. The island gave Charlie the skills he needed to make that dive.
    5. Something else we don't yet know?

If anyone has ideas about this, I'd love to read them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Florimel, your memory is better than mine! But maybe it's not so much that he lied but maybe who he lied to? We all know these people rarely share pertinent information with each other (or else most of the problems they have wouldn't exist ) so maybe if he told Jack he couldn't swim, Jack never mentioned it to anyone else because it just wasn't necessary. When Charlie lied about being a swim champion, was Jack around? I think it was just to Desmond and/or Hurley, right? So maybe he figured he could get away with it. I'm just guessing.

+ Reply to Thread