+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season Four

FORT Fogey

Re: LOST - Season Four

I went through a daytime soap opera phase when I was younger. As fellow soap watchers know, you can miss months and months of episodes before tuning in again and still follow the storyline as if it were yesterday.

I've never seen a full episode of Lost until the season premier this year (S4). Still, I was able to know the story immediately just based on commercials and anysort of press coverage I'd seen. I felt like I was back in college watching soaps again!

The weekly cliff hangers are frustrating, but the show creators are superb at building drama! So good.

I had to tape tonight's episode and when I went to watch it, I got it in Spanish! I am so frustrated.....

I was hoping to come here to figure out what was going on last night because I'm hopelessly confused. It didn't help that I missed 10 min. early on because I had to pick my daughter up from a game. I had my son watch and tell me what happened but he doesn't know the show, so that was a bust. Who are these people who came to rescue them? Except they didn't - they came to get Ben - except that they are part of an elaborate scheme to make people think nobody survived complete with fake pictures of the plane at the bottom of the ocean and rotting people. Huh?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2786604;
    Okay Miles (?) looks familiar to me. Does anyone know the actor's name? I'm talking about the Asian looking guy who apparently is some sort of psychic.
    ETA: I actually just found out myself by going to imdb.com. His name is Ken Leung. I recognize him as Sang from Rush Hour

My son recognized him from X-MEN: LAST STAND-The one that kills the doctor with his spikes that protrude from his body.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2786611;
    I recognize Jeremy Davies too. But it says he played Lawrence in Twister and I'm trying to remember that character.
    He was the guy hiding in the truck right when the twister was to hit at the drive-in and was coaxed out by Helen Hunt
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I just re-watched last night's ep and I'm wondering why Naomi and the lawyer picked non-professionals to perform a rescue mission when they are all saying that noone survived the crash. Obviously if 6 made it back, there were survivors, so is Oceanic protecting the airline or the island or have they been specifically searching for Ben this whole time?? God so confused.

And thinking back to Hurley and Jack's conversation. Hurley says he doesn't know if they did the right thing?? Is the thing he is talking about, that maybe they killed some of the survivors to get off the island? and when did Hurley go back to Jacks side?

When Charlotte found the collar on the Polar bear site....in Tunisia??? have they known about Dharma for some time and has Dharma been around a lot longer than we know about? or was there another facility (island) in Tunisia before the actual island they are on now?

So as of right now the rescuers are in flash-backs and the survivors are in flash-forwards. Maybe they were really not suppose to get off the island.

one more thing for now. When Sawyer asked why they were going East and Locke said they needed to go to a cabin, why did he question Hurley when he said the cabin was in another location? (is he now suspicious that Hurley may have heard Jacob and seen him in the cabin? because they immediatley panned right to Ben at that moment.

CCL

I think the rescuers' specialties must be important, as they specifically referred to them several times last night. So why was it important to have a physicist, a ghostbuster/medium, anthropologist and pilot on the mission? Well, the last is self-evident, but what about the other three?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2787111;
    I think the rescuers' specialties must be important, as they specifically referred to them several times last night. So why was it important to have a physicist, a ghostbuster/medium, anthropologist and pilot on the mission? Well, the last is self-evident, but what about the other three?
    Maybe it has to do with the supernatual elements of the island, bringing in Physics for a reality check, medium, because if they are all dead, they can be communicated with and anthropologist to search for remains or those of past remnants of the island???

who knows and will 8 episodes really answer a lot of questions??? doubt it.

speaking of that, if the strike ends, will we get more episodes this season?

I LOVED last night's episode!!! That measured up to last year's season premiere. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

My biggest question is ARE they from Oceanic or are they Dharma?? Or maybe Oceanic IS Dharma, a new incorporation of them, with connections to the original members, and they want revenge on the man who took them down. The way that hothead Miles went off about Ben makes me believe that he may be a Dharma descendent. Perhaps related to Dr. Candle? What's the deal with Daniel Farraday?? I really believe that he did not know why he was crying upon hearing about the crash. Has he by chance been to the island before but he does not remember being there? That Charlotte is NOT to be trusted. I am so happy that Ben blew her cover. She has been searching for the island for a long time. (Just an aside: her name, Charlotte Staples Lewis, is a nod to C.S. Lewis, Catholic author of The Chronicles of Narnia series.) I actually think that Frank Lepidus is there for the right reason, to find out the truth about Oceanic 815.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

I loved last nights episode and plan to watch it again in just a few minutes.

At this point, I am guessing that Naomi was hired by Dharma to find Ben who must have broke off from Dharma when he killed everyone and created his own island habitat. Dharma must be infuriated that Ben put an end to their work and killed off every one. But, then who was the group young Ben hooked up with - Darma's nemesis? I can understand now why Ben has kept the island off the grid for so long - he is protecting himself. I was relieved to find out their (Naomi, Miles, Charlotte, Faraday & Lapidus) reason for landing on the island was to find Ben; as I will not cry when he is killed off or taken. I just hope that does not mean that Ben will be our 6th person taken off the island because I am counting on 6 of my losties being rescued.

Great episode last night. Left me with tons of questions...what's new. One of my biggest questions was why did they bring gasmasks with them on the helicopter? Were they going to gas everyone like Ben did in the past?
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread