Re: LOST - Season Four

One of the DJ's on a local station was reading spoiler sites and said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the end of the 8th episode would make the fans mad
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

LG.

Hurley's flashback was clearly earlier in time than Jack's from last year's season finale, as he mentioned (as a joke to us) that he's thinking of growing a beard - the monstrosity we saw in last year's finale.

IMDB.com has the following titles for the upcoming episodes, which I think give us some clue about the episodes. Season 4 has some flash-backs and some flash-forwards, so I wouldn't assume that someone is one of the SIX just because they have an episode - it could also be an episode focused on their past or their time on the island before they DIE.

"Lost" (2004) - Episode list

Click to see Spoiler:

Season 4, Episode 1: The Beginning of the End
    Original Air Date: 31 January 2008
    Charlie's dying message casts doubt on the intentions of the people that Jack believes to be their rescuers. A power struggle ensues between Jack, who wants to leave the island, and Locke, who thinks that they're supposed to stay.

Season 4, Episode 2: Confirmed Dead
    Original Air Date: 7 February 2008

LG NOTE - I'm guessing this is where they discover the other Ocenaic Flight 815 at the bottom of the Ocean, which confirms what Nadia had told them last year that they were reported as dead because the plane was found.

Season 4, Episode 3: The Economist
    Original Air Date: 14 February 2008

Season 4, Episode 4: Eggtown
    Original Air Date: 21 February 2008

Season 4, Episode 5: The Constant
    Original Air Date: 28 February 2008

Season 4, Episode 6: The Other Woman
    Original Air Date: 6 March 2008

Season 4, Episode 7: Ji Yeon
    Original Air Date: 13 March 2008

OK, I could be way off, but this sounds like one for Jin and Sun.

Season 4, Episode 8: Meet Kevin Johnson
    Original Air Date: 20 March 2008
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.

yes, I'm still scouring IMDB.com, and under Michael / Harrold P's page they list the following credits for him for Season 4 (so far):

Click to see Spoiler:
    "Lost" .... Michael Dawson (50 episodes, 2004-2008)
    - The Economist (2008) TV episode .... Michael Dawson
    - Confirmed Dead (2008) TV episode .... Michael Dawson
    - The Beginning of the End (2008) TV episode .... Michael Dawson
    - Live Together, Die Alone (2006) TV episode .... Michael Dawson

note the most recent credit before these three was in 2006, so it seems to make sense. BUT, it lists him as in "Beginning of the End" which was last week's show. His name was in the opening credits. I didn't see him in the episode. Did any of our eagle eye spotters notice him anywhere in the background last Thursday? He'll supposedly be in the next two episodes, but nothing noted after that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.

last one, I swear, but not spoilerish. The guy who claimed to be from Oceanic Airlines who went to visit Hurley at the mental hospital, isn't he Lance Reddick who had starred in The Wire on HBO? IMDB lists the character's name as Matthew Abaddon, even though it wasn't ever said in the last episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and says that he will be in one more upcoming episode, the next one, Confirmed Dead. I'm guessing next week he'll be exposed as an "Other" but not one that Hurley ever sees while on the Island - maybe he's a mainland Other ???

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

This is pure speculation, but I think the guy in the coffin is Michael. Two off the wall reasons, the funeral director was black and the neighborhood was black and he didn't have any relatives other than Walt (that we know about). And one sort of off the wall reason, he wouldn't have been a friend to Jack since he's the one who gave them to the others.

Somewhere I heard or read that Desmond changes his mind and fights to get on the helicopter and off the island. Did he have another vision?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;2781997;
    This is pure speculation, but I think the guy in the coffin is Michael. Two off the wall reasons, the funeral director was black and the neighborhood was black and he didn't have any relatives other than Walt (that we know about). And one sort of off the wall reason, he wouldn't have been a friend to Jack since he's the one who gave them to the others.

Somewhere I heard or read that Desmond changes his mind and fights to get on the helicopter and off the island. Did he have another vision?
    I totally agree, I've always thought that it must be Michael in that coffin.

Nobody has mentioned a very obvious Christian Shepard sitting in Jacob's chair when Hurley looked in the window of the cabin! This is confirmed after Thursday's episode, so it is neither spoiler nor speculation. John Terry was on the cast list. I think the eye of the person who jumped out in front of Hurley belongs to Locke. I think Locke may actually be Jacob, from another time.

I find it interesting that every recap episode includes the scene between Hurley and Sayid, where they catch the radio frequency that is playing "Moonlight Serenade" and Hurley says it sounds like it is coming from another time. I imagine it has been discussed that perhaps the island exists outside of the time continuum.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2782027;
    I totally agree, I've always thought that it must be Michael in that coffin.
    I agree, and when the newspaper announcement listed the deceased was survived by a teenage son (to me) that implied Michael. However, TPTB have since mentioned not to rely on that newspaper announcement. Which might imply either they revealed too much in it, or they have since planned to put someone else in the coffin.

Sorry if this has been said previously...

I was wondering why Kate would be so eager to get off the island when she would probably go straight to jail, and then it dawned on me...she must think she may be pregnant. Could the "he" Kate has to get back to in the flashforward, be she and Sawyer's baby boy??
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

+ Reply to Thread