+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moment Of Truth

Re: The Moment Of Truth

Walked away with $100,000.

Oh wow, any particularly bad questions?

Okay, I tune in for the last five minutes and get the "did you ever stuff your underwear?" question.

On which the former underwear model lost. What was he thinking?!?! He looked awkward answering the question-- of course he is lying!

This was my first time watching the show, I admit it piqued my interest after seeing host Mark Wahlberg last night on Chelsea Lately. They were talking about the show, and Mark was saying that it really would be hard for any contestant to fail since before the lie detector test is given, they actually give the list of questions to be asked to each contestant so they can decide what answer to give before the actual test. He said they even have a chance to change their answer during the test if they want to. So what we see aired is the result of that.

So, knowing it's nothing to do with science at all, and it's all coached for 'the dramatic moment' of 'truth', that means I can watch it sometimes just to laugh at the contestants. If I thought they were trying to tell us it was real, I'd be insulted, but now I can have fun laughing at them trying to sound dramatic.

Does that make sense?

Plus, I love Mark Wahlberg... well, this one, not Marky Mark, lol
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Interesting show premise. Like this Brandon guy, the waiter at a comedy club, with the girlfriend named Marissa. He wins money by telling 'truthful' answers that show he's a worthless piece o'crap of a human being. Steals tips from other servers, changes the credit card receipts of customers to increase his tip, sent flirtatious text messages to other women besides Marissa in the past year, did things he was ashamed of while serving as a Marine, drives while intoxicated, makes ethnic jokes about Marissa's parents.... a real peach of a guy. :nono

I hope Marissa dumps his butt after the show.
    I'm glad he lost it all and went home with nada.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2785518;
    Interesting show premise. Like this Brandon guy, the waiter at a comedy club, with the girlfriend named Marissa. He wins money by telling 'truthful' answers that show he's a worthless piece o'crap of a human being. Steals tips from other servers, changes the credit card receipts of customers to increase his tip, sent flirtatious text messages to other women besides Marissa in the past year, did things he was ashamed of while serving as a Marine, drives while intoxicated, makes ethnic jokes about Marissa's parents.... a real peach of a guy. :nono

I hope Marissa dumps his butt after the show.
    I'm glad he lost it all and went home with nada.
    Wait a second. He answered all of those questions, and then he bombs out on a question about stuffing socks in his underwear? Wow, I think if you can admit to some of those things, stuffing a sock wouldn't be so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2785559;
    Wait a second. He answered all of those questions, and then he bombs out on a question about stuffing socks in his underwear? Wow, I think if you can admit to some of those things, stuffing a sock wouldn't be so bad!
    Yeah, really.

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2785559;
    Yes, I agree. That's not even as bad and as personal a question as compared to let's say, " Having taken a nude photo of yourself"
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

An honest contestant who doesn't care what his/her family and friends think of him/her, can easily win $500,000 on this show
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2785441;
    This was my first time watching the show, I admit it piqued my interest after seeing host Mark Wahlberg last night on Chelsea Lately. They were talking about the show, and Mark was saying that it really would be hard for any contestant to fail since before the lie detector test is given, they actually give the list of questions to be asked to each contestant so they can decide what answer to give before the actual test. He said they even have a chance to change their answer during the test if they want to. So what we see aired is the result of that.

So, knowing it's nothing to do with science at all, and it's all coached for 'the dramatic moment' of 'truth', that means I can watch it sometimes just to laugh at the contestants. If I thought they were trying to tell us it was real, I'd be insulted, but now I can have fun laughing at them trying to sound dramatic.

Does that make sense?

Plus, I love Mark Wahlberg... well, this one, not Marky Mark, lol
    Nemeses, I was thinking the same thing too. How can the contestant possibly not know the answer? But, if they don't know the resultsof the lie detector test, even knowing the questions they may have some apprehension. Maybe they think they scammed the test, or they were nervous when they answered. You know, for some people, they can be telling the truth, but get nervous about being believed Not that it isn't waaaaay over the top with the looooong drawn out wait for the answer, but...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread