+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moment Of Truth

FORT Fan

Re: The Moment Of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2777166;
    Last night was the first time I watched. My first thought is that this show moves WAY too slow - this is exactly the reason I never watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Re. the gambling guy: I was kind of disgusted at the way he just laughed at all the gambling questions - the ones that he could give the "right" answers for like the fact that he hadn't gambled away his kids college money and did not have secret bank accounts almost made it seem to diminish the fact that the guy has a problem. Also, he was completely laughing at the circumstances around his hot dog vendor job where he let someone else take the fall for his stealing - WTH!?!? If that guy that took the blame it watching, I bet he's not laughing about it! :nono
    Yes, it does move really slow. I think it's the old gameshow tactic of moving slow to avoid paying out more money.

The gambling guy's laughter was disturbing, but I think it was more nervous laughter than anything. He was also pretty jittery and jumping. He seems like he has a serious problem with gambling.

Future contestants would be wise to leave those closest to them at home (maybe they have little choice? )
    BB10
    Dan and Ollie: Team Jesus II?

The other thing I wondered about was what kind of pre-show interview process they have. These questions are obviously very tailored for a specific contestant, so gambling guy must have had an interview before hand where he admitted to having issues with gambling and pageant girl told them about her pageant history and the fact that her mother is overweight!?

And ONE last thing. They must tell the contestants to overreact to the questions. Every time they get one they look embarrassed or put their hands over their face like the question was a shocking surprise. What-ever! Even if they don't know exactly what they are going to be asked, we as viewers have not forgotten that they have answered all of these questions already - there are NO surprises for these contestants!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2777801;
    The other thing I wondered about was what kind of pre-show interview process they have. These questions are obviously very tailored for a specific contestant, so gambling guy must have had an interview before hand where he admitted to having issues with gambling and pageant girl told them about her pageant history and the fact that her mother is overweight!?
    They do a 51 question lie-dectector before hand. Only certain questions are chosen. I'm assuming though that the questions are somewhat tailored to information gathered about the contestants in an intake session.

Some of the questions seem far too easy for some contestants though.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar

I haven't watched any shows, but it's interesting to find out that the contestants have been asked everything beforehand. I might watch an episode just to see those *over reacting*.

One thought I had about the lag between the 51 questions and the ones that end up on the show is that you have time to come up with stories to 'clarify' your answer. For example with the have you ever stolen from work and let someone take the blame. He could currently be robbing his boss blind, but by knowing he might have to answer that as 'yes'/true, he has time to think 'okay, hmmm, let's see, ooh, I got it, I was a hot dog vendor once, yeah, that's the ticket...' to get out of any current issues.

I thought I had read/seen/heard somewhere that the people there for 'support' help come up with the questions, which makes sense if you consider gambler's son asking a question that has haunted him for five years.

I cannot watch this show live, I have to be able to fast forward through the filler, which is good, gets me back 47 minutes of the hour!
    Wag more, bark less

That's a good point, although if I was his boss, I would not have been impressed with that answer, especially since he tried to laugh it off-- it's as though he didn't really understand the repercussions, which, if I was a boss, I might find troubling.

So, who's watching again tonight?

Am I missing anything? I've got the Duke-UNC game on... I'll be back next week though, most likely.

These are getting tough.

Did the beauty queen lose or opt to walk away?

+ Reply to Thread