+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Moment Of Truth

Re: The Moment Of Truth

lol, I love the dramatic voice-over for next week's season finale..

"It's the season finale, and we've saved the worst for last."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

This guy tonight was a real sleazebag in a show where all the contestants have been sleazebags. It sure looked like his girlfriend's heart was broken by the time he had sense to stop. Hopefully, she's his ex-girlfriend now. And I loved how his mom told him on the show that he needs to grow up, mature, and become a responsible man.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

This show overdramatizes all the wrong angles...I mean *gasp* have you EVER regretted marrying your husband????? My hubby of 11 years and I rolled laughing on that one. I adore him, he adores me, but yes, at least at one MOMENT in 11 years, we have pushed each others' buttons hard enough to make the other wonder "what am I doing with you??". Granted, I can count on one hand the number of times it's happened, but have you EVER is what it is. I think it's all in the wording. Now hubby and I agree that a question like "since you've been married, have you EVER had sexual relations with someone else" is straight forward and very uncool to say yes to, but any emotional question that uses ever is a no brainer. "Have you EVER hated your mother?" *GASP* Yes I have, I love mom, but to answer honestly, I would have to say I hated her at least once in my life. THose questions make me chuckle when people *act* so shocked by the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;2874719;
    This show overdramatizes all the wrong angles...I mean *gasp* have you EVER regretted marrying your husband????? My hubby of 11 years and I rolled laughing on that one. I adore him, he adores me, but yes, at least at one MOMENT in 11 years, we have pushed each others' buttons hard enough to make the other wonder "what am I doing with you??". Granted, I can count on one hand the number of times it's happened, but have you EVER is what it is. I think it's all in the wording.
    And the overly-dramatic music.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;2874719;
    Now hubby and I agree that a question like "since you've been married, have you EVER had sexual relations with someone else" is straight forward and very uncool to say yes to, but any emotional question that uses ever is a no brainer. "Have you EVER hated your mother?" *GASP* Yes I have, I love mom, but to answer honestly, I would have to say I hated her at least once in my life. THose questions make me chuckle when people *act* so shocked by the answers.
    Yeah, sometimes it's hard to tell who the best actors are, the one in the hot seat or the family/friends they bring on. I had to love it last night, though, when that guy's mom scolded him on tv.

The show is entertaining and fun, no need for the fake drama, for sure. The viewers all know it's not all spontaneous and some of the questions are pretty tame, and Mark Wahlberg knows it, so it is funny when the producers try to overdramatize it.

I totally agree with you Jennifer. I've said that from the start. Some of the questions they make seem like "How could you say that?" but when you really think about like it you say it isn't any big deal.

Anyone else watching tonight's show? I finally remembered..

Yes.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Eva's former boyfriends?

Bet the answer is yes.

ETA:

What I wanna know is . . .

Was it BEFORE or AFTER her marriage when she hooked up with him?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Surprise, it's a no.
    Sexual fantasy with Eva? I'll say it's yes.
    ETA Can't wait for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2889515;
    Surprise, it's a no.
    Sexual fantasy with Eva? I'll say it's yes.
    ETA Can't wait for the updates.
    "Yes?"

Me, too!

I DEFNITELY want to see the update of the cold blonde and the baby-faced cop!

+ Reply to Thread