+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moment Of Truth

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: The Moment Of Truth

I saw this episode and just thought the woman was completely unlikeable...and her husband was a robot. They've only been married 2 years and they've got all these problems? Why the heck did she marry him if she was in love with her skeevy exboyfriend still? And does she only date guys named Frank? I think a lot of acting was going on... In order to ask her all these questions about how faithful she has been etc., they had to get info from someone (most likely her or someone close to her) that her marriage was rocky, that she had feelings for someone else... I think Husband Frank (aka the Robot) wanted her to win a lot so he could get half of it when he divorced her.

Also, didn't the husband look WAY younger than the contestant? She looked like one of those teachers who has an affair with her high school student.

Eh--what an hour I wasted!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2811913;
    Also, didn't the husband look WAY younger than the contestant? She looked like one of those teachers who has an affair with her high school student.
    My thoughts exactly! She did look MUCH older than him.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

I feel the need to comment on last night's show. I have watched this show a few times after Idol but have never felt complelled to post before now. I cannot believe that woman last night. Is it really worth airing your family's dirty laundry and embarassing everyone involved for money? I'd never go on that show. Some things are just better left unsaid. This may sound evil, but hubby and I cracked up laughing when she lost all the money. She deserved it. That whole family just seemed kinda off though. She was very unlikable and the dad was just kinda creppy, especially when he went up to hug her after that question. That poor mom probably had all kinds of thoughs running through her head, I know I would. Then the hubby, that poor guy. Their whole marriage sounds kind of questionable. ITA w/other posters in that she did look older than him. He looked so crushed, but at the end he didn't look ready to kill her. Kinda makes me wonder if it was all a set-up, but still even going on that show and airing all that does not make you a good person. Total opposite from that Ray guy that was just on, he was a good person.

I thought it strange that her husband didn't appear to be that crushed by her revelations and encouraged her to just keep going for the money. There has to be some story there like they are already headed for divorce and went on the show to try to rack up as much cash as they could. What sweet justice that she ends up with nothing after all that.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by coleslaw50;2812313;
    This may sound evil, but hubby and I cracked up laughing when she lost all the money. She deserved it.
    I don't think that sounds evil at all. At least I hope not because I stood up and cheered when she lost all that money! I found it ironic that she lost it on the question asking if she was a good person. We all seem to agree that she is not, but fortunately there was enough doubt in her twisted little mind to lose her the money. In the end, she lost the money, her husband's respect and her dignity... not far from poetic justice IMHO.

I think this show is completely fake. I was watching the View today, and they all pretty much agreed it was fake with actors, well except for Elisabeth, but whatever. I just think its completely phony and bad tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2787172;
    Yeah, I completely agree. Lie Detection is such a mistake-riddled method, I'm glad it isn't admissable in a court of law. Criminals pass lie detector tests all the time, and people telling the truth fail them. Even voice stress indicators have similar flaws. So it wouldn't be far from wrong to consider the thing no more than a party game, lol.

So I guess it was only a matter of time before someone did take it and make it a game show party.
    I agree with you about it not be admissable in court. When I was 18 I was hired by a company and sent for a lie detector test. I was fired b/f I even started b/c they said I lied about my address (which is where had lived since I was 6) and my date of birth. I showed them my license, but they wouldn't budge.

I watched this show last night for the 1st time. I was in SHOCK. I couldn't believe the questions they ask. I agree that I think the husband knew the answers b/f she gave them. He didn't look as shocked as I was. He also didn't look that upset. I too am glad that she didn't go home with any money.

toothdoc

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2812496;
    I think this show is completely fake. I was watching the View today, and they all pretty much agreed it was fake with actors, well except for Elisabeth, but whatever. I just think its completely phony and bad tv.
    My husband was saying the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2812496;
    I'm torn. Thinking about Ray last week I want this show to be real, but thinking about yesterday's contestant I want it to be fake. Most Americans fall somewhere between Ray and that women and I think this show is somewhere between real and fake.

What a wicked wicked woman on last night. I don't know if it's fake or not and I don't really care, but dang, she has some serious issues and they have some serious issues as a couple.

+ Reply to Thread