+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moment Of Truth

Re: The Moment Of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2787135;
    Nemeses, I was thinking the same thing too. How can the contestant possibly not know the answer? But, if they don't know the resultsof the lie detector test, even knowing the questions they may have some apprehension. Maybe they think they scammed the test, or they were nervous when they answered. You know, for some people, they can be telling the truth, but get nervous about being believed Not that it isn't waaaaay over the top with the looooong drawn out wait for the answer, but...
    Yeah, I completely agree. Lie Detection is such a mistake-riddled method, I'm glad it isn't admissable in a court of law. Criminals pass lie detector tests all the time, and people telling the truth fail them. Even voice stress indicators have similar flaws. So it wouldn't be far from wrong to consider the thing no more than a party game, lol.

So I guess it was only a matter of time before someone did take it and make it a game show party.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2785559;
    Wait a second. He answered all of those questions, and then he bombs out on a question about stuffing socks in his underwear? Wow, I think if you can admit to some of those things, stuffing a sock wouldn't be so bad!
    I figure the guy told the truth on this question, but the lie detector got it wrong.

There are a lot of reasons why I'd never go on this show, but this is one of them. How awful would it be to answer questions truthfully that showed you to be a crook and hurt family and friends, and then answer a throwaway question truthfully and be told you're lying.

As others have said, lie detectors are unreliable. But even if they're only accurate 70% of the time, they're still useful to law enforcement in investigations.

I would have thought that, but the way he hesitated and looked like he really didn't want to answer the question had me wondering.. For questions like that, if the answer is no, and you have nothing to hide, the question shouldn't faze you and you shouldn't have to think about the answer, if that makes sense. If you're not stuffing, it's not embarrassing.

FORT Newbie

It seems to me though that they are told to look surprised at the questions, pause, smile, tease the audience, then answer. Cause all teh questions are done that way.

Now why would this guy lie about stuffing his underwear? he could have EASILY slid it off as "The people doing the shoot forced me to to make it look sexier" kind of thing.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2785518;
    Interesting show premise. Like this Brandon guy, the waiter at a comedy club, with the girlfriend named Marissa. He wins money by telling 'truthful' answers that show he's a worthless piece o'crap of a human being. Steals tips from other servers, changes the credit card receipts of customers to increase his tip, sent flirtatious text messages to other women besides Marissa in the past year, did things he was ashamed of while serving as a Marine, drives while intoxicated, makes ethnic jokes about Marissa's parents.... a real peach of a guy. :nono

I hope Marissa dumps his butt after the show.
    I'm glad he lost it all and went home with nada.
    I was glad too and I hope she dumps him since it's obvious that he doesn't have a grunion of respect for her . I felt really, really uncomfortable when they asked the questions about him making ethnic jokes and his little frat buddies were sitting their laughing. It was obvious that he probably does that all of the time and I just find that horrible.

There wasn't a damn thing positive about that guy. She is MUCH too good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2788074;
    I was glad too and I hope she dumps him since it's obvious that he doesn't have a grunion of respect for her . I felt really, really uncomfortable when they asked the questions about him making ethnic jokes and his little frat buddies were sitting their laughing. It was obvious that he probably does that all of the time and I just find that horrible.

There wasn't a damn thing positive about that guy. She is MUCH too good for him.
    I totally agree. The other thing that made me uncomfortable, in addition to feeling really bad for his girlfriend Marissa, was watching his mother when he'd answer some of the questions. Her face when he admitted to driving while intoxicated "several times", when he admitted to being a thief (stealing co-worker's tips and changing amounts on credit card receipts to increase the tip amount), when he admitted to making ethnic jokes about his girlfriend's family (who was sitting in the audience), and other answers that showed he was a worthless piece of scum.... the look on his mother's face each time he answered was just heartbreaking, even as the scumbag smiled and even laughed at how cool he thought he was being. Made me want to just come through the screen and smack that arrogant look off his face in the name of his mother and girlfriend.

In addition to hoping Marissa dumps him, I hope he loses his job also, since he admitted to stealing co-workers' tips and changing credit card receipts to increase his tips.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

this show is just wrong, so wrong on all levels. saw it once, and never again

Anyone else watching tonight?

Premium Member

yes I like the guy thats on now seems like a decent human being.

His wife has to love some of his answers... wouldn't cheat even if she wouldn't find out, etc

+ Reply to Thread