+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (AMC)

Breaking Bad (AMC)

Is anyone planning to tune into this new show on AMC, premiering on Sunday 1/20? It stars Bryan Cranston (Hal from Malcolm in the Middle).

Break Bad (v.) 1. to challenge convention 2. to defy authority 3. to raise hell

Chemistry: the study of change. Meet Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher sleepwalking through life when, boom, a terminal diagnosis changes everything. Liberates him. Empowers him to use his chemistry skills anew: to man a rolling drug lab and finance the future for his struggling family. It's an uncontrolled experiment with the American dream. And it finally wakes him up. Breaking Bad: Change the Equation.

The series premieres Sunday, January 20 @ 10PM | 9C.

Cast

Bryan Cranston - Walter White
    Anna Gunn - Skyler White
    Aaron Paul - Jesse Pinkman
    Dean Norris - Hank Schrader
    Betsy Brandt - Marie Schrader
    RJ Mitte - Walter White Jr.

AMC Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad (AMC)

I watched it . It was alright. It kinda reminded me of "Weeds", the only thing I didn't like was the predictable portayal of teens. Why do they always have to come off as heartless asses? I have never witness a group of teen teasing a cripple person in public,nor have I ever been a part of a group that would do something like that, especailly in front of the parents. I wish writers would stop being so lazy and write teen a little more honest.

We have a group of boys who hang out on our street. For the most part they are annoying but ok. They do poke fun at fat people who are getting into their cars though so I think in some instances teens are like they are being portrayed.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I may try to catch a repeat of the premier. I heard a reviewer say that the first show got him interested enough to watch again and the next two episodes got him hooked. It made me curious enough to check it out. However, it will all depend on the timing of the repeat since this doesn't look like a show I can watch with the kiddos around...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deeelit;2763676;
    I watched it . It was alright. It kinda reminded me of "Weeds", the only thing I didn't like was the predictable portayal of teens. Why do they always have to come off as heartless asses? I have never witness a group of teen teasing a cripple person in public,nor have I ever been a part of a group that would do something like that, especailly in front of the parents. I wish writers would stop being so lazy and write teen a little more honest.
    I'm glad you and your friends are nice teens, and do wish you'd get more credit. We only seem to focus on the bad in society.

That said, I've seen teens (and adults) belittle fat people, people from other countries, girls who haven't developed yet, the handicapped etc. :nono Usually I'll say something to them and they'll smirk and shut up. While I'm there. I'm sure that once I leave, they're busy making fun of me, too. Oh well.

I like Bryan Cranston so I do want to catch this show. Sounds like an interesting premise, and I've never seen "Weeds" so even if it is similar, it'll still be new to me.

A little bit more gritty of a premise than typical network stuff. Probably won't be a full run show, but thought it was interesting.

Will keep it on my Tivo Season pass...

I caught nearly all of the premier episode on a repeat and then watched the second episode earlier tonight. I really think AMC may have something with this show. I am a fan of dark comedy, and this is pretty darn dark!! When Jesse dumped the body and the acid in the bathtub I was not expecting those results until Mr. White came back to the house - it was terribly disgusting and horrifically funny at the same time!! I find myself wanting to know what is going to happen next - these two seem to be digging themselves an enormous hole and I want to know how (or if) they will get out of it...

I watched it, kinda felt like I was obligated to, since it was filmed here where I live. Well, not in my house, but in my city.

I didn't really watch it all the way through, though. Just enough to see some of the familiar streets, landscape, and faces. As ClosetRTWatcher said, it's a dark comedy, and I'm not a fan of that genre in general. I also didn't think there was enough content to warrant more than a movie plot. I didn't hate it, but didn't like it, either.

The funny thing is that when they were filming here, it didn't get much of anyone excited about it, either, and usually when there's a tv or film project working here, it gets a lot of local buzz good and bad, such as the current movie filming here now with Jake Gyllenhall (sorry for possible misspelling, not a fan of his to know how it's spelled). Breaking Bad didn't seem to grab anyone's attention, and I have no idea why that is, or what it means, even though the actors and crew were often out and about town in restaurants and stores. Kind of odd, now that I think of it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

This is a really bizarre show. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I'm still watching it. It's just so outside of anything I've ever seen before.

I've caught up on this show thanks to On Demand. I am sort of flummoxed. I haven't really warmed to any of the characters, and yet, I'm going to keep following it. I really didn't think they could go much further with the chaos and mishaps of the first episode, but watching it get ten times worse by the end of the second episode was interesting. I really don't have a clue where this show is going.

Editing to add that there is a blog out there "written" by Walt: Walt's Wisdom - Blog of Walter White

You can send some words of wisdom to a friend, like this one: Walt's Wisdom - Blog of Walter White It's truly worth a look.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-05-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast