+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cashmere Mafia

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cashmere Mafia

Is anyone watching this show besides me?? I loved it!! I think it's safe to say it's a "womens show". It's, mainly, based around these 4 very good friends, who are very successful, good looking women who are there for each other at the "drop" of a text message. It's another one of those 10 p.m. soap operas, but I really enjoyed it. The next episode is 10 p.m. on Wednesday night. Gotta find a way to work this into my rotation!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Re: Cashmere Mafia

I did not watch it because I do not care for Lucy Lui.

I enjoyed it. I didn't go in to it with high expectations, but I found it to exceed the expectations I did have. I will give it another go on Wednesday and see if I enjoy the next episode just as much.

I thought the best thing about this show was that it didn't struggle with the introduction of the characters or the plot really. The show moved along and it moved along quick! We weren't beaten down with an episode that simply told us about the characters we actually had plot movement.

I liked it too! I'm hoping that Zoe and her hubby stick together since it looks like no one else is going to have a stable relationship, at least for a while. I'll definitely watch on Wednesday

Lipstick Jungle is starting on NBC next month, so we'll be getting lots of "girl power" shows. I have high hopes for that one since I'm such a Sex and the City fan and Candace Bushnell is producing.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-07-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm impressed! You know a name already!! I take it Zoe is the woman who needs the nanny? If I were her, I'd be deciding on a different type of person for a nanny, other than a hot, young thing. What woman in her right mind would bring somebody like that into her marital home?? I saw that little look that her hubby gave the nanny when he first met her!! His eyebrows shot up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I thought it was like "Big Shots"--OK, but not great.

I did notice that the one husband (the youngish one married to the executive with the kids) was the same actor on "Big Shots" who was trying to pass himself off as Dylan McDermott's illegitimate son...

What the heck was Lucy Liu wearing when she went to go golfing?! It looked horrible on her! And normally, she looks so cute in everything...

I will give it another try, but I had a hard time getting into this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2744831;
    I liked it too! I'm hoping that Zoe and her hubby stick together since it looks like no one else is going to have a stable relationship, at least for a while. I'll definitely watch on Wednesday

Lipstick Jungle is starting on NBC next month, so we'll be getting lots of "girl power" shows. I have high hopes for that one since I'm such a Sex and the City fan and Candace Bushnell is producing.
    Which is funny, Critical, as Cashmere Mafia is produced by Darren Star... the producer of SATC. Both shows are going to be great.

I loved this show... loved the pacing and I did feel the same similarity to Big Shots. But this show was far less quirky.

Zoe's husband is not played by the same guy as the faux son in Big Shots, Lois... or at least imdb.com doesn't have it credited to him. One thing that they do say, however is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he is only supposed to be on two episodes, so the marriage apparently doesn't work out, Critical, sorry.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Thanks Broadway! I thought it was the same guy...oops!!!

They are both equally cute.

I love watching shows that take place in NYC... and recognizing many places. I had fabulous dinners at Guastavino's (the restaurant in the awards dinner scene) a couple of times. *sigh*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast