+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

I LOVE Jonny Lee Miller so this show could be about pretty much anything and I'd be glued to the telly.

Following on the success of their current hit Brothers and Sisters, Ken Olin (Alias), Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti (Everwood) create a unique, character-driven drama that explores the very different worlds of law and spirituality in a humorous and heartfelt way. Combining the fantasy and spirituality from The Ghost Whisperer, sincerity and passion from The Practice and quirky humor from Monk, the show explores whether we can change the course of our lives in midstream.

Today, the worst thing happened to mercenary attorney Eli Stone. A case made him care. As if that's not hard enough for a soulless shark, Eli's also hallucinating -- larger-than-life visions of pop stars and his dead relatives. Could it be that Eli's not cut out to be a cutthroat lawyer but actually has a higher calling? Well, if the universe can bring his college girlfriend back to him, then maybe he needs to risk everything he's worked for, including gunning for partner and his relationship with the boss' daughter, to take on his own law firm. Eli's as surprised as anyone that it works and that it feels so good.

Now, instead of defending evil mega-corporations, he's fighting for the little guy in his law firm's new pro-bono department. As for those visions, his doctor thinks it might be an aneurysm, just like the one that tortured his father. But Eli sees a greater possibility, a destiny to become a spiritual prophet. He might not have been anyone's first choice but, given his looks, charm and intelligence, it's an excellent one.

Eli Stone stars Jonny Lee Miller (Smith, Trainspotting), Natasha Henstridge (Commander-in-Chief), Loretta Devine (Grey's Anatomy, Waiting To Exhale) and six-time Emmy® nominee Victor Garber (Alias, Legally Blonde). Over the years, the legal trade has earned billions… but with Eli Stone, it has finally made a prophet.
    Not sure if it'll be any good, but I'll be watching...until it gets cancelled.
    Eli Stone - Fall Schedule - ABC.com
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

I'll definitely be checking this one out. Thanks for the heads up fluff. I hadn't heard anything about it. It sounds like fun.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Sounds interesting. I think I'll try and catch it. Hopefully it will be something worth watching.

I LOVE Jonny Lee Miller too, fluff. I just saw a commercial for this one last night. Will definitely be watching
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well the commericals I saw for this show made it look interesting. I too, will have to check it out..my problem is getting wrapped up in another show while there is a strike going on and we get what has already been filmed and thats it..and no telling when we will get something else
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I hope it will at least be more diverse than brothers and sisters looks. Every time I even think about purchasing the first season on dvd I just have to look at the cover and see that white bread cast.

I loved Everwood's writing. Greg Berlanti is a genius in my book. I'll be giving it a "look-see" although the promos seem a bit confusing.

Love Victor Garber!
    Tahoe bound....

Watched the premier last night and I really liked it... lots of cute, laugh out loud moments... too bad George Michael can't be a part of the cast to sporadically sing 'Faith' all season... then again, I see that becoming redundant. I think this show has a really good cast.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I read a review panning this so might not have watched if they hadn't lured me in with the Oceanic commercial from LOST. Glad I did. The music was much less "disruptive" than the review indicated. I admit the "sassy black assistant" character is a bit of a cliche these days...does that poor woman ever get to play any other kind of person? But at least means there's at least one recurring non-white character.
    The autistic kid was a bit odd...for an autistic I mean...making that eye contact and waving at the hero at the end.... Don't know if that was meant to be meaningful or if the writers forgot he was autistic.
    Vincent Garber....doomed to play the dad of beautiful women?
    I assume the hero will get back with the old girlfriend that the assistant seems to prefer, even tho the current fiancee seems to be redeeming herself a bit.
    In the review above it says the hero is the head of a new pro bono section... I didn't exactly get that even from the ending. Would make sense for the plotlines though...otherwise he'd have to keep on arguing the value of doing each of his do gooder cases with TPTB in the firm.
    I doubt they'll cancel any new show these days, just let all the written scripts play out. They are too desparate for scripts. Don't see any signs the strike is ending.

I missed the last, about 15 minutes. Can anyone be so kind as to recap what happened? I'd watch it online, but being Canadian and all I can't. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast