+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

FORT Fogey

Re: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

anybody watching this show. love it

I am watching it. I loved it last year, but a little less this year. It's still good, but what happened to the music? The musical numbers made this show stand out; I would hate to see it become just another lawyer show albeit the visions are still there.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3235872;
    I am watching it. I loved it last year, but a little less this year. It's still good, but what happened to the music? The musical numbers made this show stand out; I would hate to see it become just another lawyer show albeit the visions are still there.
    I was enjoying it more last year as well, and maybe it was the music.... hadn't realized that. We did have Mrs Cruise singing her heart out, but not the same as with the entire cast.

It is still good, but I don't rush to watch the show; it records and then a day or so later I watch it. But, with Boston Legal going off the air soon I will probably be putting more focus on it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

To be honest, even though I do like the musical numbers, I'm glad they aren't a major feature of the show. Having them spaced oout over episodes makes them more entertaining for me, but that's just me.

Is there any news on whether Katie Holmes might come back? I loved her and Eli's chemistry.

FORT Fogey

yes, i kind of agree. it's a bit stale now. more like the other lawyer shows.

Even though it has slipped some from last season, I am sorry to see this show go. I finally got my music back last episode with Victor Garber doing Jim Croce's "You Don't Mess Around With Jim." He's an accomplished musical theater actor and I love it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Can someone remind me whether or not Eli is supposed to be really in love with the other dogooder lawyer (forget her name, the one who left the new firm because she is in love with Eli) but pretending to her that he isn't to protect her in some way, vs. he really is not in love with her. Thanks! Before it disappears!

From what I've gathered, he really likes her, but doesn't want to complicate things so he's pretending like he doesn't.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3239333;
    From what I've gathered, he really likes her, but doesn't want to complicate things so he's pretending like he doesn't.
    So he lets her leave his firm and work for the bad guys, even though he's seen in a vision that she winds up on the wrong side of a suit in front of the Supreme Court??? When he knows the only reason she's leaving is because she thinks he only likes her as a friend? Is he nuts?? Oh yeah, I forgot...

FORT Regular

I'll miss this show when it ends.

+ Reply to Thread