+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Eli Stone - ABC Premieres Jan 31st

OK, even I, a non-lawyer, non-doctor, could drive a truck through the holes in those cases. You mean to tell me that none of the fertility experts she went to could tell she'd already had a kid? And that it wouldn't be in the medical files the ditsy new lawyer has supposedly read cover-to-cover? Plus, the fact that they had to struggle to get here illegally and knew all the facts they needed to pass the citizenship test should have nothing to do with them getting a 2nd shot....it should have been based on the idea that they THOUGHT they had followed all the rules during that amnesty period but were deceived by that crook. What the heck???
    And, frankly, if they do find her kid what are they going to do about it? If he's been adopted, as he almost certainly has, they don't even have the right to see him. It will just stir up their lives. Plus they now have zero income, and it's not like they have a ton of $$ from their earlier work, though I suppose pilots get paid fairly well, relatively. Plus somehow they came up with $$ to pay the fertility docs. Arrgh....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2783215;
    The best part for me was the accupuncturist! Laughed my head off when he lost the accent!
    That was my favorite part because they had me a little ticked at having another stereotypical asian on tv then whammo.

I want to like this show but I'm finding it a bit more annoying then entertaining. I'll probably keep watching though at least until new episodes come back of my usual shows. Maybe this will win me over by then.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I was disappointed in last night's show. Still, the pilot was so good I'll give it one or two more episodes before I remove it from the DVR.

I was disappointed too. I didn't really like the storyline and I found the first year lawyer to be really annoying. I don't think they intended her to be, but man, she was. At least to me. I'm just finding this whole plot not going in a direction I like. Though I do like the accupuncturist.

Acck! I missed the premiere of this show too? What have I been doing? I'll check it out next week for sure.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I seem to get into the habit of missing the last bit of this show. I saw up until the part where Eli landed in the cake. Can anyone please fill me in on what happened after that? Thanks!

I decided not to even watch last night's episode even though I taped it. I just couldn't muster the energy to watch it so that was my sign that it was time to let it go.

I'm actually liking this show a lot better than I thought I would. At first I thought the whole concept was lame but I'm really enjoying it. Loretta Devine is cracking me up as usual. I absolutely love her. And Victor Garber is the best!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2795505;
    I seem to get into the habit of missing the last bit of this show. I saw up until the part where Eli landed in the cake. Can anyone please fill me in on what happened after that? Thanks!
    He finished his vision with remembering that he took the blame for his dad's shooting a hole in the wall, with his mom and the cops, and his dad let him.
    Also he realized that the kid in his case was probably making the abuse up to get his mom out of the service and home safely, probably with the help and sacrifice (since he might be jailed) of the dad. When he told the mom that it came out that she was in on it also... they faked the whole divorce, etc. to save her son. He gave some kind of walking the tightrope summary to the judge that focused on the desparation of the kid...that even if what he said turned out not to be true it showed how messed up he was...w/o spilling the beans that it was all a fraud, and the mom got the kid. Then the dad was arrested. Hopefully the mom then gets let out of the service. The fiancee lawyer figured out what had happened because Eli didn't attack the dad.
    Eli's brother the doc came through with the false document.
    Eli swore to Victor G. that there was really nothing wrong with him, VG was clearly suspicious because the doc was Eli's bro.
    His fiancee was hanging in there but he decided the message was that he loved her too much to do to her and her family what his dad had done to him and his mother, so he dumped her. She said something to the effect that maybe it's that you don't love me enough. And left.
    That's all I recall.

+ Reply to Thread