+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My So Called Life

My So Called Life

This show......I would live for this show in high school, waiting each week to see what Angela, Jordan, Ricky and Reyanne were going to get into next. I noticed that episodes of the show are now playing on abc.com and I just had to watch them. It was amazing and I realize now, even more than when it happened, that this show getting canceled was about the dumbest thing ever. It is amazing television. It is just so nice to see it again and realize "I used to dress like that?" Hey flannel was VERY popular those days.

Re: My So Called Life

The creator of the show "Winnie Holzman" is best friends with a lady I work with and she also wrote "Wicked". I spoke to her Monday night at a WGA rally and she has a terrific sense of humor.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2729918;
    This show......I would live for this show in high school, waiting each week to see what Angela, Jordan, Ricky and Reyanne were going to get into next. I noticed that episodes of the show are now playing on abc.com and I just had to watch them. It was amazing and I realize now, even more than when it happened, that this show getting canceled was about the dumbest thing ever. It is amazing television. It is just so nice to see it again and realize "I used to dress like that?" Hey flannel was VERY popular those days.
    It wasn't big in my Highschool.. But it was alllllll me. I was a fashion *beep* from the get go.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm old now and I was still old then! But I had a HUGE crush on Jordan Catalano (Jared Leto before he got weird looking)... Remember him singing, "I Wanna Be Sedated?" And him finally holding Angela's hand in the hallway--in public! acknowledging their relationship. I have this series on DVD.

Jordan Catalano, so dreamy.

This was an excellent series, and I still wonder about the characters. Did the gay guy ever reconcile with his family? Did Angela and her kind of nerdy next door neighbor ever get together? Did Angela ever confront her dad about his infidelities?

This show made me feel normal. I loved it. I watched it all the time and was so disappointed when I found out that it was only on for one season. Sigh. The good always get cancelled.

I never had a thing for Jordan... I was allll about Brian Krakow!
    Am I alone here?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2732520;
    I never had a thing for Jordan... I was allll about Brian Krakow!
    Am I alone here?
    Pretty much,

Brian was a cutie, but Jordan had those big, wistful, rebel without a cause eyes.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Brian is the type of boy who would grow up to be a great guy..the kind of guy you want to marry at 30. By then, Jordan would be a stoner loser probably...but in high school, oooh...

I was a square from day 1. hahaha "Good on paper" was tops in my book.. I never dug the rebel kind. I actually found Jordan to be insufferable on the show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast