+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My So Called Life

Re: My So Called Life

Oh, I was never a square by any measure and Jordan Catalano (I always thought it was funny how they would say his entire name all the time, like there were 15 Jordan's Angela was crushing on) was my eye candy for a good year. Just my type in those days, which is why I was destined for years of heartbreak via heart throb.

I DO remember the episode when Jordan first held her hand in public and I can still remember how monumental that was and how my own heart swelled at the gesture.

It was a masterfully written/acted/portrayed show and I miss such quality television these days. It spoke right to the heart of me and I still miss it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I remember the episode where Angela was waiting for Jordan to come meet her family...and he blows her off...and she is embarrassed and angry that her family knows she has been stood up. I remember him ignoring her at that party/concert and Rayann chewing him out for it... I remember Jordan and Rayann getting it on, and Angela being devastated by their betrayal... I remember Brian being in love with Angela and her being so oblivious to it...I remember it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2732872;
    I DO remember the episode when Jordan first held her hand in public and I can still remember how monumental that was and how my own heart swelled at the gesture.
    I loved that song ("Late at Night" by Buffalo Tom) playing in the background as they walk down the hallway together holding hands...Ah...a great song. A great episode. A great show...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 12-24-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2732520;
    I never had a thing for Jordan... I was allll about Brian Krakow!
    Am I alone here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2732636;
    Pretty much,
    Haha, yeah pretty much.

It was a great show. I saw it at abc.com too but they also still show it on the NOG channel.

Cruz Wilson so hot now! Who knew?

Didn't Rayanne overdose or something during one of the episodes? I sort of remember that. I was a total Rayanne in highschool. I always wanted a Ricky(?) for a friend

I loved this show I just never got around to getting the DVD's.

Is anyone else not able to view shows on abc.com?

I have no problem viewing shows at the ABC website. But I bought the DVDs of MSCL years ago when they were first (briefly) released, so I watch them that way.

It's definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. I wonder if Winnie Holzman ever thinks about writing a movie sequel, so we could get a glimpse of all their adult lives. If Angela was 15 during the first season, she and her friends would be 28-30 now. If the script were good enough, I bet Claire Danes and Jared Leto would take a pay cut.

Even Paul Dooley and Barbara Bain, who played Patti's parents, are still around. They always appeared in separate episodes on the show but never together. It would be interesting to see their dynamic as a couple.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I used to watch these when they showed them on MTV after it was cancelled from primetime. I LOVED this show!!! Thanks for posting about abc.com having them!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2732520;
    I never had a thing for Jordan... I was allll about Brian Krakow!
    Am I alone here?
    I just finished watching the final episode, and I take it all back ClosetNerd. Brian Kradow is hot! What a touching show, even if it was a total rip-off of Cyrano.

I love the way this show includes comparisons between Angela and her parents and their lives then and now. I think it's really cool the way they show similarities between Jordan's dreaminess and that of Angela's dad, and I loved that they showed that Patti had her own Jordan when she was young.

It was also really sweet to see the conversation between Jordan and Patti and hear how deep Jordan's feelings are even if he can't put words to them the way Brian can. He was quite poetic in his own way, which I think was a big part of why I liked him back then. He was totally jerky and irritating, but there was a good heart and a lot of depth underneath.

It's so sad that this show got canceled. They had created so many interesting possibilities in terms of directions that the various characters might take in future episodes. Too bad we'll never know where those stories would have gone.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-18-2008 at 02:18 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CelineCarey;2781931;
    Is anyone else not able to view shows on abc.com?
    I just tried to access them and I am not able to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12