+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't Forget The Lyrics

Don't Forget The Lyrics

Anyone else watching this show with Wayne Brady as host? I know it's similar to the Joey Fatone game show (I can't remember it's name at the moment), but I haven't seen that one. I didn't know this one was on until I caught it just now while channel surfing. I love Wayne Brady so I stayed on the channel when I saw him, and actually enjoyed the show. In addition to hosting, he also sang a song too, and what can I say... I've always liked him and admired his talents, so it was nice to see him in this format.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Don't Forget The Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2719595;
    Anyone else watching this show with Wayne Brady as host? I know it's similar to the Joey Fatone game show (I can't remember it's name at the moment), but I haven't seen that one. I didn't know this one was on until I caught it just now while channel surfing. I love Wayne Brady so I stayed on the channel when I saw him, and actually enjoyed the show. In addition to hosting, he also sang a song too, and what can I say... I've always liked him and admired his talents, so it was nice to see him in this format.
    I love Wayne Brady! I watched the show tonight Nemeses...that guy, Paul Van, was an awesome singer and quite the cutie patootie too!

I loved Wayne's James Brown dance routine too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2719711;
    I love Wayne Brady! I watched the show tonight Nemeses...that guy, Paul Van, was an awesome singer and quite the cutie patootie too!

I loved Wayne's James Brown dance routine too!
    Yay, someone else is watching!

I agree, that guy could really sing! I missed the beginning of the show though, bama, do you know what his background is? I know the girl on there, Michelle, was a wannabe wedding singer (oh, I SO knew she was wrong on her Rock The Boat lyrics, I was yelling at her through the tv but she didn't hear me ), but I didn't see the beginning to know what Paul Van's background was. Did you catch it? That guy has talent!

By the way, I really loved the overhead shots when the contestants are singing and it shows Wayne off to the side a bit, boogying to the beat with them. Fun!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

He is a special ed teacher!

I was yelling at the "Rock the Boat" girl too and she didn't hear me at all...and she was from Alabama too!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2719729;
    He is a special ed teacher!

I was yelling at the "Rock the Boat" girl too and she didn't hear me at all...and she was from Alabama too!!!
    Oh, I bet he's a great teacher, seems to have a great personality for it!

As for Michelle, okay I can understand her not hearing me from here, but she should have heard YOU at least!

Oh, and just so I'm not the only one tonight who can't get that song out of my head now...

Rock The Boat by Hues Corporation

Dance it with me, bama!
    Last edited by Nemeses; 12-14-2007 at 01:35 AM.

Hee! Nem, the Joey Fatone show is called "The Singing Bee" and, while the premise is kind of the same.. they execute it completely differently.

The only thing that I don't like about this show in comparison with "The Singing Bee" is that there are some days that you only see one contestant for the entire show. And I think they sing too much of the song before the missing lyrics. Pretty minor complaints. I Wayne Brady.

But I didn't see last night's show. Bummer... I would have wanted to scream right along with you gals. Surely with us covering three different areas of the country they would have heard ONE of us, right?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I like this show way more than "Singing Bee", it's just too silly. I love Wayne Brady, he's so talented...I saw him in Vegas back in September and he puts on an amazing show.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2720420;
    Hee! Nem, the Joey Fatone show is called "The Singing Bee" and, while the premise is kind of the same.. they execute it completely differently.

The only thing that I don't like about this show in comparison with "The Singing Bee" is that there are some days that you only see one contestant for the entire show. And I think they sing too much of the song before the missing lyrics. Pretty minor complaints. I Wayne Brady.

But I didn't see last night's show. Bummer... I would have wanted to scream right along with you gals. Surely with us covering three different areas of the country they would have heard ONE of us, right?
    Ah! The Singing Bee! Thanks, Broadway, I couldn't think of it's name!

Yeah, I can see where just one contestant per show might be less than ideal sometimes, especially if it was a boring or unlikeable one. I guess I was fortunate in that the first time I see the show it had a couple of good contestants. The guy was a great singer and he was just such a charming cutie! The girl wasn't that great a singer (poor girl, the band played every song in a key way too low for her), but she was an energetic little thing who kept Wayne laughing at her because of it. So I guess I got lucky on my first night of seeing it.

That song is STILL in my head, by the way. Sleep didn't remove it.

Last night's episode was great. Another great one was the one with the older construction worker. He was amazing.

I like and dislike concepts from both Singing bee and Don't forget the lyrics; I watch them if there is nothing on, but I won't go out of my way to do so.

That gal on right now (singing Dust In The Wind) is a really really good singer! Great voice! Her name is Jamie, I think.

She's currently won 50K, now going for 100k. Hope she gets it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast