+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

WOOOHOOOOO!
    Starz picks up British show "Torchwood"
    James Hibberd
    Mon Jun 7, 2010 9:11pm EDT

The premium cable outlet will share production costs on the show's upcoming season in exchange for domestic distribution rights.

The 10-episode run will debut on BBC One and Starz next summer and take on a more international scope. The bulk of the story will shift from the U.K. to North America, and key U.S. actors will join the cast. Stars John Barrowman and Eve Myles will return.

The show chronicles a group that keeps Britain safe from hostile aliens, and is led by an immortal named Captain Jack (Barrowman). The most recent edition was a five-episode miniseries titled "Children of Earth."

Like "Children of Earth," but unlike the show's two previous seasons, the international edition of "Torchwood" will be serialized rather than using the show's original "monster of the week" format.

"It's not a new version, it's not a reboot," creator Russell T. Davies said. "It's not going to be 'Lost' and take 20 years to find out what's going on. It's going to have a most remarkable conclusion after 10 episodes."

"Torchwood" previously aired in the U.S. on BBC America. The idea of boosting "Torchwood" into a co-production with a major network partner was previously developed at Fox, which recently passed on the project.

Along with its freshman hit "Spartacus," the upcoming "Camelot" series and its "Pillars of the Earth" miniseries, Starz is carving out a niche as a genre-friendly network.
    Starz picks up British show Torchwood | Reuters

The Barrowman AND Eve Miles are both starring! I'm absolutely giddy! The only downside is that we have to wait for a year, but I'm okay with that as long as I know it's coming!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you Critical that is wonderful news.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fort Member

Finally something to look forward to yaa

FORT Fogey

This is great news!

Torchwood season 1 -3 are being shown again on BBC America Monday thru Friday at 3pm.

Here's an article with more info about the next season of the show on Starz: Press Tour: Torchwood on Starz gets a subtitle, a premise and some co-stars - HitFix.com
    There are some semi-spoilers in the article, so I didn't want to post it here, just in case.

The great news is that they start filming next week!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I don't have Starz! Guess I won't be seeing it quite so soon.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4142241;
    I don't have Starz! Guess I won't be seeing it quite so soon.
    You can probably see the first 2 eps free online on the Starz website, that's what they did for Spartacus and then later on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4142422;
    You can probably see the first 2 eps free online on the Starz website, that's what they did for Spartacus and then later on iTunes.
    We're hoping for that. I have heard rumors Jack might not be immortal anymore. It makes me wonder if the Doctor Who connection won't be a part of it either.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4143956;
    We're hoping for that. I have heard rumors Jack might not be immortal anymore. It makes me wonder if the Doctor Who connection won't be a part of it either.
    There are sites where you can watch TV episodes online (it's how I was able to see the last season of Dexter). Once the season starts, I'll check them and let you know which one has Torchwood That's how I'll be watching it since my Starz just went from $3/mo to $19.95/mo!

+ Reply to Thread