+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

I do NOT want to see an American version of this show!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3804572;
    I do NOT want to see an American version of this show!
    Well, if it meant No Torchwood at all or an American version...... I'd go American.
    Part of the charm (for me) is that it takes place outside of this country. But, if there is no continuation of this series abroad, then of course I am open to it produced and shown here. It is just that they had a great chemistry together, and now that it is down to Captain Jack and Gwen; they would have to bring onboard more characters that make a great team.

But, if Barrowman is part of the show - I'd watch anything!

Love, love, love Jack!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3804181;
    Good taste in cat names!

There are some good interview clips with Barrowman on youtube. Non-Torchwood related.

Am I the only one who watched that Maria show on BBC America because Barrowman was a judge? I just like him. He seems like a good person, as well as being very watchable.
    I caught occasionally bits and pieces of Maria while channel surfing. I can watch dance competitions but not singing competitions. I think John Barrowman is quite popular in the UK and he had a special about himself on BBC America and you met his entire family..you can see where he gets his quirkly humor from.

What I would like to see is Nathan Fillion as Captain Malcom Reynolds (Firefly) and John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harness (Torchwood) in a series together.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just an FYI for Torchwood fans and anyone who is interested in the show - the entire series is now available to watch instantly on Netflix
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know there will be more Doctor Who show with the new Doctor but will there be more Torchwood episodes? Does anyone know?

From what I gather, no. Hope they change their mind/prove me wrong.

According to John Barrowman, series 4 will be back with 13 episodes vs. the 5 episodes they did for series 3. They just don't know when: Blogtor Who
    That interview was given in November of last year, so things may have changed, but I know Russell Davies has said for a while that he's ready with series 4 if BBC gives him the green light.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3868998;
    According to John Barrowman, series 4 will be back with 13 episodes vs. the 5 episodes they did for series 3. They just don't know when: Blogtor Who
    That interview was given in November of last year, so things may have changed, but I know Russell Davies has said for a while that he's ready with series 4 if BBC gives him the green light.
    Yes - Yes - Yes! Thank you!

Come on, BBC! No brainer, there.

Just read over at futoncritic.com that Fox is no longer developing the idea of having an American version of Torchwood.

I am glad as I don't think Fox could have dealt with any of the more racy sexual situations or some of the moral issues that the show routinely handled.

Well, that's good news. I'm glad someone finally came to their senses. You'd have to change the show so much in order for it to make it past the network sensors that it wouldn't be Torchwood any more. I love this show because of the things that wouldn't make it safe for network TV. Captain Jack without the pan-sexuality is not the same character. If he's not snogging men and women and, heck, aliens, it just wouldn't be the same.

Now, if only we'd get some concrete news on a start date for series 4!

+ Reply to Thread