+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

I'm hooked! I just watched first season episode 1 - loved it! I'm not going to read anything else yet (because I am not ready to be spoiled ) but I am excited. Summer is a great time to get hooked on a new show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3682759;
    I'm hooked! I just watched first season episode 1 - loved it! I'm not going to read anything else yet (because I am not ready to be spoiled ) but I am excited. Summer is a great time to get hooked on a new show.
    Another convert! When I saw your name on this thread I though "Oh, shoot! I should have told her to stay out of the thread so she doesn't get spoiled." Believe me - don't read any spoilers. The show is much better that way! The show is just so different from anything else on TV - it's odd, quirky, slightly cheesy, sexy, funny, a bit scary at times and touching too. Just so you know, the show gets even better in season 2!

I LOVE Torchwood and I LURVE John Barrowman. He's sex on a stick.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3682906;
    Another convert! When I saw your name on this thread I though "Oh, shoot! I should have told her to stay out of the thread so she doesn't get spoiled." Believe me - don't read any spoilers. The show is much better that way! The show is just so different from anything else on TV - it's odd, quirky, slightly cheesy, sexy, funny, a bit scary at times and touching too. Just so you know, the show gets even better in season 2!

I LOVE Torchwood and I LURVE John Barrowman. He's sex on a stick.
    Even though the 3 season's are available online right now, we have a friend addicted to it that has the first 2 seasons - so now my husband wants to join in and we will watch together. I do love it! Thanks for mentioning it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

BBC America is running a Season 3 (5 episodes) Marathon on Labor Day (2009).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am just finishing season one, but am wondering why there are only 5 episodes in season 3....... are they longer episodes or did they just do a shortened season?
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3693404;
    I am just finishing season one, but am wondering why there are only 5 episodes in season 3....... are they longer episodes or did they just do a shortened season?
    It was a shortened season It was a very highly rated series for BBC, especially season 2, so a lot of fans were puzzled by the decision to do a mini-series instead of a regular season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3693404;
    I guess in the UK the BBC network has several channels and Torchwood was being shown on one of the lesser channels. Because Torchwood is so popular BBC executives decided to have the 5 episode season 3 as a way of saying goodbye to one channel while welcoming the show to the BBC premiere channel.

Thanks Critical and Bearcata - does this mean there is hope for season 4?
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3693796;
    Thanks Critical and Bearcata - does this mean there is hope for season 4?
    I have been seeing little sneak promo's on BBC America featuring either Gwen or Jack, yeah it will be back. But don't know exactly when.

Well, I've completed the first season and I love the fact that these are individuals with flaws. Most shows have their characters slightly imperfect, but the "hero" aspect dominates your awareness, so you don't notice the warts. Torchwood has more of a raw feeling to it. My favorite of this first season was #12 Captain Jack Harkness; had me bawling. My least favorite was perhaps the dead guy ghost geek #10 or 11 I think.

I'm looking forward to season two, three and the new one when it airs!
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread