+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Torchwood on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3595456;
    There are currently 3 seasons. Season 3 is the 5 episode miniseries you are watching this week.

If you like Torchwood check out Being Human which will be premiering Saturday on BBC America and Dr Who which is on Sunday.
    I have the dvr all set!!

I can't believe there are only two more episodes left! I want more!!! This week is reminding me of all the things I love about this show.

The container that the alien ambassador is in is really creeping me out. All that "smoke" and the voice booming out of it *shivers* The only problem is that the voice sounds just like the voice in Bejeweled. I keep waiting for it to say "One minute. GO."

I'm really enjoying the little 15 minute behind the scenes pieces they're showing after each episode. Eve Myles is hilarious. I loved her talking about "The Barrowman" and the nude scene and how she couldn't sleep and was scarred by the experience...but wouldn't mind seeing more!

Oh, and *lalalalala* I am not looking at that spoiler, Chorita!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3598201;
    I liked how the 5 nights in a row gave them time to tell a really good story. It never felt rushed. While it did leave me wanting more, and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it ended looking like that was the end of the show, an interview with RTD on aintitcoolnews.com/node/41740 seems to confirm that there will be a series four

WHEW.....thanks! I've read the synopsis, but I cannot get enough of this as a mini-series. (Let's hear it for the dvr feature!!!) I must say, I've watched Torchwood sporadically in the past...now, I want to watch it all! (And, since I go to Comic Con every year, WHY haven't I run across this before???!?!?!?!)
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

FORT Fanatic

WEll that was interesting! If they have a season four who will be in it??

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3619738;
    WEll that was interesting! If they have a season four who will be in it??
    Well, we know Jack will be back. He can't stay away for long. Of course, Gwen will be there and they seem to have picked up a new recruit in Lois.

The death of Ianto was gutting. So sad. I was much more upset by his death than by Stephen's death at the end of episode 5. It was sad, yes, but I'm much more invested in Ianto after 3 seasons. At the end of the episode when Jack was naming the people who had died, I actually choked up when he named Owen and Tosh.

I LOVED the twist at the end with the contact lenses! I knew she had to be visiting Lois for another reason and not just because she wanted to talk about what a great man Frobisher was. Still, I couldn't help being kind of grossed out that THREE people had worn those lenses. Yuck.

The part where Frobisher killed his wife and children really got me. I mean, what else could he have done at that point?

I hope to God they bring the show back again. Russell Davies is brilliant at writing for this series. Plus, I need my regular fix of The Barrowman. The season got at A from Entertainment Weekly, BTW.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fanatic

I thought the exact same thing with the lenses! ICK!! I wondered if Lois was a recruit! Ican't believe they won't have Ianto either!! They are going to have to do some serious recruiting!! Of course Jack will be back how can they have a show without him?? Gwen too I guess.. but Gwen is so new I hate not having a member that has some longer memories of Torchwood to explain things sometimes..

When will they announce if it is coming back?

I finally got a chance to watch the 5 episode miniseries (with a few problems with the DVR and a defective CD.. the CD was brand new and the DVR only about 9 months old. I really hate spending that kind of money and so called modern technology works like crap). Anyway, it was brutal and I am wiped out. All I can say is that I am glad the prime minister who was going to skate out of this didn't. I can believe how he used and then dismissed Frobusher after telling the man he had to sacrifice his children. I am surprised the PM is still alive and will all his teeth. What a piece of scum.

Now I just have to digest all this because there no good guys, no bad guys just a big mess with a lot of people suffering.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

I read an interview with the director on "After Elton" and anyone who likes this show should read it. From what it appears, he is going to renew next year, as he said, giving the BBC anything they wanted. It would become Gwen's story centered around her, her husband and child. Jack will be history and no miraculous recovery for Ianto or any of the other dead characters. I don't know about the rest of you but I didn't get hooked on this series to see "Gwen's Story" enacted. I find her one of the most irritating actresses around. If you look at the last episode, it all makes sense. All at once Gwen is the competant caring one, while Jack is willing to sacrifice his grandson for the battle and everyone else is dead. Those Brits sure have a crappy way of developing a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3678521;
    I read an interview with the director on "After Elton" and anyone who likes this show should read it. From what it appears, he is going to renew next year, as he said, giving the BBC anything they wanted. It would become Gwen's story centered around her, her husband and child. Jack will be history and no miraculous recovery for Ianto or any of the other dead characters. I don't know about the rest of you but I didn't get hooked on this series to see "Gwen's Story" enacted. I find her one of the most irritating actresses around. If you look at the last episode, it all makes sense. All at once Gwen is the competant caring one, while Jack is willing to sacrifice his grandson for the battle and everyone else is dead. Those Brits sure have a crappy way of developing a storyline.
    Well, I love this show and I love Gwen, but Torchwood isn't Torchwood without Jack.

The entire point of Torchwood is Jack Harkness. John Barrowman is incredibly popular in the UK because of his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness to do away with the character would be totally pointless.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread