+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;2946821;
    From what I have heard, Jack will be on reoccuring and Martha will be on board. Gwen will still be there but no word on Ianto.
    Bah... Martha. She bugs me hardcore. Because of her, I haven't been able to fully get into the 3rd season of Doctor Who. And this coming from the girl who watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire saturday on TV just to see the... what, 5 minutes? of David Tennant at the end of it.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2954816;
    Bah... Martha. She bugs me hardcore. Because of her, I haven't been able to fully get into the 3rd season of Doctor Who. And this coming from the girl who watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire saturday on TV just to see the... what, 5 minutes? of David Tennant at the end of it.

I know this isn't a Doctor Who thread (I actually looked for one but couldn't find it), but I see that Sci- Fi has the 2008 episodes with a new person as his traveling companion. And I thought I read that they're in negotiations to a new actor to morph into the Doctor?! But I REALLY like David Tennant!

But while I would love to have James Marsters back next season on Torchwood, Critical is right in saying that James' presence would probably change the dynamics completely (he's got a very strong presence). I just can't imagine what next season will be like. I'll really miss both Tosh and Owen.

*BIG BUMP!*

Just an FYI for fans of Torchwood. The third "season" begins Monday night on BBC America! It's, unfortunately, not a full season: it's five night miniseries that will run all next week. It's not much, but it's something. I've been having major Capt. Jack withdrawals!

Here's a link to an article about Torchwood: Children of Earth on Salon.com:
    The spawn of "Doctor Who" | Salon Arts & Entertainment
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Having already seen Children of Earth I have to say that I really enjoyed the 5 night mini series format, it really seemed like event TV.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

The episodes are 75 minutes long so becarefull how you set your recording devices. Monday night there is a 60 minute behind the scenes preview at 8pm with the first episode starting at 9pm ET. The following nights the previous nights episodes are aired before that night's show. Don't know yet it there will be a 5 ep marathon later on. Enjoy!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I just discovered this show a month ago. We flew to europe and I looked on Itunes for a series I had never seen to put on my ipod to watch for the long flight. I loved it! I am about to get to the second season. How many are there? I am watching the miniseries this week too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3595354;
    I just discovered this show a month ago. We flew to europe and I looked on Itunes for a series I had never seen to put on my ipod to watch for the long flight. I loved it! I am about to get to the second season. How many are there? I am watching the miniseries this week too!
    There are currently 3 seasons. Season 3 is the 5 episode miniseries you are watching this week.

If you like Torchwood check out Being Human which will be premiering Saturday on BBC America and Dr Who which is on Sunday.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3595354;
    Season 2 is on DVD, so you should be able to get it from Netflix. IMO, season 2 is even better than season 1.

After watching last night's episode, I'm even more bummed that they only did 5 episodes! An article I read a week or so ago said that this show was a huge hit for BBC and they moved it from BBC2 to BBC1 because of that. The writer was questioning why, if the show was so popular, why they would only order 5 episodes. I'm happy that have the show back in any form, but I know I'm going to be wanting more when this week is over.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fort Member

I am a fan of both DrWho and Torchwood and the Children on Earth episodes aired her a couple of weeks ago. If you are DrWho fans it will answer a few questions. The five in a row was great but left me wanting more

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I liked how the 5 nights in a row gave them time to tell a really good story. It never felt rushed. While it did leave me wanting more, and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it ended looking like that was the end of the show, an interview with RTD on aintitcoolnews.com/node/41740 seems to confirm that there will be a series four
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread