+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

Thanks for the summary, SuperBrat! Now that the second series is finished (or will be on BBC America next Saturday), I'm going to try to catch up on Dr. Who. There was an episode on earlier today that had Jack (and Martha) in it, but I caught maybe the last few minutes of it. I'm sure they're online somewhere, like all of the episodes of Torchwood.

I just watched the finale to this series and I'm emotionally spent. I won't spoil for anyone (is anyone else still watching?), but am dying to discuss it with someone!

I just read that they have been given the go-ahead for series 3, depending on the ratings for series 2. Fingers crossed! I'll be interested to see how they deal with what happened in the finale episode and how it will change Torchwood.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2916238;
    Thanks for the summary, SuperBrat! Now that the second series is finished (or will be on BBC America next Saturday), I'm going to try to catch up on Dr. Who. There was an episode on earlier today that had Jack (and Martha) in it, but I caught maybe the last few minutes of it. I'm sure they're online somewhere, like all of the episodes of Torchwood.

I just watched the finale to this series and I'm emotionally spent. I won't spoil for anyone (is anyone else still watching?), but am dying to discuss it with someone!

I just read that they have been given the go-ahead for series 3, depending on the ratings for series 2. Fingers crossed! I'll be interested to see how they deal with what happened in the finale episode and how it will change Torchwood.

I just set my DVR to record the new Doctor Who's, plus Sci-Fi had a new series (haven't watched it yet, but did DVR it) about a character from Dr. Who (Sarah someone?).

I am sooo anxious to watch the season finale, but so worried now (based on your comments and the teaser in Saturday's show). And you're emotionally spent? Ugh, I'm almost dreading it! I love spoilers so feel free to email me privately and send me some.

I watched the finale at work this weekend. OMG is was so sad! I almost cried at the end. And I had to laugh when that one guy called Janco (or however you spell his name) "Eye Candy". Because, well, he is. That boy is so cute!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2941422;
    I watched the finale at work this weekend. OMG is was so sad! I almost cried at the end. And I had to laugh when that one guy called Janco (or however you spell his name) "Eye Candy". Because, well, he is. That boy is so cute!
    I just watched the finale yesterday too. "Critical" warned me that it would be hard to watch and it was! I did tear up a lot. I love this show!
    Last edited by cadcmmngs; 04-24-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs;2944509;
    I just watched the finale yesterday too. "Critical" warned me that it would be hard to watch and it was! I did tear up a lot. I love this show!
    I didn't just tear up, I wept! Big changes due for next season. BIG changes!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched the finale online a few weeks ago and have been waiting for everyone to "catch up" so I could talk about it!

Yeah, I pretty much bawled through the last 45 minutes of the show. I didn't see the deaths - especially Tosh - coming at all....well, Owen was already dead, but his "death" scene was painful. When he was ranting and Tosh asked him to stop because he was breaking her heart, I just lost it. Owen's reaction to his "death" was so real and raw. The other part that really broke me up was Ianto closing out their files on the network and the system confirming "Final Logout" for each of them Tosh's video had me in tears too - "I hope I did good."

I'm curious to see what will happen when the show comes back. With only Jack, Gwen and Ianto, I can't imagine what will happen to Torchwood. Maybe John will stick around. I'd love to see more of James Marsters, but I'm not sure I'd like how his constant presence would change the dynamic around Torchwood. I think I prefer him as a guest star.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Ooo that would be interesting, Critical. I can just imagine the Jack/Ianco/John love triangle with the flirting and the one upping of eachother. I knew he looked familiar! I guess I am use to James Masters as Spike lol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

From what I have heard, Jack will be on reoccuring and Martha will be on board. Gwen will still be there but no word on Ianto.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;2946821;
    From what I have heard, Jack will be on reoccuring and Martha will be on board. Gwen will still be there but no word on Ianto.
    You do mean John is going to be recurring, not Jack, right? I wouldn't want to watch the show if I couldn't get my John Barrowman fix every week!

I like Martha okay. She's lovely, if not a bit bland. I'll reserve judgment until I see more of her. I don't LOVE Ianto, but I don't want Torchwood to lose anyone else, so I hope he's there next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2949089;
    You do mean John is going to be recurring, not Jack, right? I wouldn't want to watch the show if I couldn't get my John Barrowman fix every week!

I like Martha okay. She's lovely, if not a bit bland. I'll reserve judgment until I see more of her. I don't LOVE Ianto, but I don't want Torchwood to lose anyone else, so I hope he's there next season.
    You might missing Mr. Barrowman!

+ Reply to Thread