+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood

And it is nice to know the backstory.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Episode 2 rocked! What a ride! I was REALLY hating Rex at the beginning of the episode, when he separated Gwen from Rhys and the baby and I was worried about where they were going, but everything on the plane was awesome! Gwen totally kicked ass. Take that, MacGuyver! I've been waiting for that moment when she knocks out Dichen Lachman's character and it was great: "I'm Welsh." She is so badass.

I'm not totally sold on the Bill Pullman storyline, but I'll give it a chance. That character just totally creeps me out and I'd rather see the time spent on Jack and Gwen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm a total newbies to the whole series & I really like it. I wanted to watch because of the whole no one can die thing, & someone explained the backstory, so I'm hooked. I think even with no backstory, it's interesting.
    Does anyone know how many episodes it will be?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    I'm a total newbies to the whole series & I really like it. I wanted to watch because of the whole no one can die thing, & someone explained the backstory, so I'm hooked. I think even with no backstory, it's interesting.
    Does anyone know how many episodes it will be?
    This season will be 10 episodes Not as many as seasons 1 & 2, but more than season 3, so I'm happy about that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm not totally sold on the Bill Pullman storyline, but I'll give it a chance. That character just totally creeps me out and I'd rather see the time spent on Jack and Gwen.
    He is too unsavory to be a good bad guy.....

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Yeah, he killed a little girl (and didn't he rape her too?). That's not someone who's redeemable, IMO.

Starz just uploaded the full Comic-Con panel to their YouTube channel: ‪Starz's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

I've seen highlights, but not the whole thing. Even the highlights show just how fab John and Eve are together. The Barrowman should be on every CC panel! He's so cheeky and adorable. I loved seeing Eve be so silly and funny.

I only wish other networks would make the panel footage available - this is much better quality than any of the other panel videos I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I've never watched Torchwood and just caught episode 3 of Miracle Day and I agree 100% with this. I cannot stand the character at all. Especially when he confessed. That put it over the line for me.

That being said, I did like the show. I think I'll be trying to catch up on all seasons now.

And as longtime Torchwood watcher, I kind of miss Jack being the guy in charge.

Rex: What is it with you? You make everyone around you gay?
    Jack: Thatís the plan.

This week's episode was like a little 80's revival with Mare Winningham and C. Thomas Howell (my teenage crush)!

Loved Gwen's American accent. SO bad and so funny.

Now that we're heading toward the mid-way point of the season, I'm starting to wonder who won't make it. I'm thinking Rex will die when the miracle is stopped. I think ALL of the people who "died" will die. I do hope that Esther survives, especially if there's a fifth season. I really like Alexa Havins and I think she's doing a terrific job.

While this is a far cry from the old Torchwood with the weevils and freaky aliens and fairies, I think the miracle is definitely thought-provoking. If they do a fifth season though, I hope they return to fighting aliens and the paranormal. I'll go wherever Russell Davies wants to take us, but I'd love to see the team back fighting aliens in the old Torchwood headquarters in Cardiff.

+ Reply to Thread